Story and a question

Daveschally

Reaction score
image.jpgI am 59 and have been losing hair noticeablely since mid 30's. I am probably Norwood 4 or 5 but have lots of very thin fine hair on crown and vertex. Been this way for 8 yrs no change really. Soooo thought I would give minoxidil 5% a try as it worked for my brother in law no question, saw it with my own eyes. I really don't want to go the finasteride route but could see using the Big 3 shampoo if I see any results with the minoxidil. It's been 10 days and of course I only have a itchy scalp to show for it but at 30 days hope to see something. Question technically about this forum. Is there a way to stay logged in? Having to log in every time I come back after 2 hours or so is a pain..thanks!

Last edited:

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
You're too far gone and for too long for current treatments to work man, I'm sorry =\
Think about a hair transplant.

Daveschally

Reaction score
I know I am not on a road to full recovery but my 66 yo bro in law started it when he was 56 or so and has grown enough thicker hair on top so as to not have the all out bald look. Am I correct in assuming that the tiny hair follicles some of which will respond no matter the age?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It never hurts to try.

About the log in question there should be a small box where you log in that says something like "keep my signed in" just tick that box.

Daveschally

Reaction score
Ok. Here is my 2 month result, review. minoxidil is not for me. I had itchy scaling scalp 24/7 and I know some will question this but energy zapping fatigue. After 3 days off the drug energy level returned to normal. No question it was the minoxidil 5% twice a day. The good news is there was noticeable hair growth in the area that I guess I most recently lost hair. In areas where I had baby hair some of it turned darker and more healthy looking. I was stoked really but noticed my energy zapped so had to stop.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try using the minoxidil foam, assuming you were using the liquid before. Liquid supposedly goes systemic more often and causes skin irritation.