Story of a 21 year old :(

danny92

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just wanted to share my story with you all before i venture out into this forum.
I am a 21 year student living in Auckland, New Zealand.
Started noticing the problem about a year ago now, my scalps felt alot itchier than before and i would lose alot more hair then i used to when showering. Alot more dandruffs and den i noticed it would hurt if i moved my hair too much. Then i could notice my hairlines have receded quite abit and just the sheer volume of hair i used to have was gone. Hairs feel very thin and weak and its been very stressful ever since.

My father went bald when he was near 30 and i feel there is a genetic connection here. Since then i've tried changing my diet, more exercise and more gentle when it comes to touching my hair but none of this have helped so far.

I am very new to all this and hopefully i will be able to atleast maintain my current hair or have abit of a recovery.

If you guys can guide me or give me advices it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
Danny

PS. i am currently not on any programme or using any medication.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your diet, exercise, etc, whatever, has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. It all has to do with the androgen receptors in your hairs and DHT levels.

If you start finasteride, somewhere between .5mg and 1.25mg daily this will more than likely stop your hairloss long term. Order it online at alldaychemist.com or from a doctor. Get the generics it is cheaper.

You can start minoxidil 5% liquid once or twice daily along with the finasteride. This will regrow a lot of the hair if you respond well to it while finasteride maintains what you still have long term. If you are satisfied with just maintaining though I really wouldn't bother with this. But if you want max regrowth possible you probably want to take both.

You can also start nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo but this is the least important one. It has minor DHT fighting properties but will also help increase the efficacy of the other two medications.

The three of these together are known as the big 3. finasteride is by far the most important.