story

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm 29. I first started to notice some very mild thinning when I was about 27-28. I didn't mind it too much because it wasn't really that much. Fast forward to March of this year, I had a lot of hair loss along my right temple and some hair loss on my left. My forelock as also thinned.

I'm guessing I'm about a NW2 thinned to about a NW3. I'm not gonna dabble with tenths, because I think that's just silly.

A little about my family and male pattern baldness history, I have neurofibromatosis from my mom's side. Both sides have extensive hair loss with the exception of two people. My father who may have been between a NW2 and NW3 and one of my uncles, who still has a lot of his hair, but pretty thinned - then again, he's in his 60s. With neurofibromatosis, I'll basically get benign tumors all over my body. I have quite a few on my scalp and some of them are causing scarring alopecia to a point where it's pretty noticeable. I plan on being on propecia (real propecia as I can afford the ~$60/month) for the next year to see if it'll save the hair. If it has no effect, I'll probably just buzz down the hair as all my relatives were NW4s to NW7.

Rogaine seems to be working, so .. yay for that.

antonio666

Reaction score
you are a defini8te norwood 3,the rest of your hair looks thick from those pics,get on the meds if you are not already on them and hope for the best.
if there is no thinning anywhere else then you could have a small hair transplant and you would have a great head of hair

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: retropunk's story

retropunk said:
Okay, I'm 29. I first started to notice some very mild thinning when I was about 27-28. I didn't mind it too much because it wasn't really that much. Fast forward to March of this year, I had a lot of hair loss along my right temple and some hair loss on my left. My forelock as also thinned.

I'm guessing I'm about a NW2 thinned to about a NW3. I'm not gonna dabble with tenths, because I think that's just silly.

http://picasaweb.google.com/slackerwizard/

That' s the beginning of MBP. Get on the big 3, it seems you are in time to mantain a good situation without having a transplant.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think your hair looks reasonable for a 30 yrs old, get on the big 3 and hopefully it will help you maintain for many years to come. minoxidil will most likely help you regrow some of the hair you lost in the recent period.

GL!

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
you are a defini8te norwood 3,the rest of your hair looks thick from those pics,get on the meds if you are not already on them and hope for the best.
if there is no thinning anywhere else then you could have a small hair transplant and you would have a great head of hair

I actually think I'm thinning to a 2/3A. The entire area is thinning. I'm not sure if I'm a full-blown NW3. I have a mole at the same spot for years, which I used to check my receding, and the hairline may have moved by a few millimeters if anything at all. I'll post a wet-tousled look for my next update.

If I do proceed in a the A version, I'll probably end up either like my father's brother or my mother's maternal uncles.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
glad foam is working for you :hairy:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
andyanderson said:
Also, you might wanna try the laser comb.

does that sh*t really work???????

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
andyanderson said:

does that $#iT really work???????

He had a link to a website that was promoting it. I'm not going to bother buying a laser comb. I have enough stuff that I'm dependent on.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
your hair looks better at 30 than mine did at 21, saying that ill repeat whats been said and tell you to get on the big 3.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
retropunk said:
RaginDemon said:
andyanderson said:

does that $#iT really work???????

He had a link to a website that was promoting it. I'm not going to bother buying a laser comb. I have enough stuff that I'm dependent on.

I just dont believe in laser comb at all... then again its just my .02

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Defenton said:
your hair looks better at 30 than mine did at 21, saying that ill repeat whats been said and tell you to get on the big 3.

Oh, I've been on the stuff for about a 1.5 months. Some peach fuzz and some dark hairs coming in.

I guess my hair is okay for being nearly 30. It's no where as thick as it once was... and I'm pretty certain the 2 and 3 areas are pretty thinned out. I meant to post a wet pic of my entire scalp, but I didn't and I can't find it in the photo album. I will post a wet-tousled pic next time though. To me, it's pretty bad.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
retropunk said:
Defenton said:

Oh, I've been on the stuff for about a 1.5 months. Some peach fuzz and some dark hairs coming in.

I guess my hair is okay for being nearly 30. It's no where as thick as it once was... and I'm pretty certain the 2 and 3 areas are pretty thinned out. I meant to post a wet pic of my entire scalp, but I didn't and I can't find it in the photo album. I will post a wet-tousled pic next time though. To me, it's pretty bad.

bro we all get older, and thats just part of nature.

My hair got noticeablly thinner when I reached my late 20's