straightening hair is harmful

nima555ir

Reaction score
hi
i going to straighten my hair next week.
i have diffuse hair thining in my vertex and middle of sclap and using minoxidil 5% and finpecia and progestrone 2%.
my hair styler said to me that straightening product isnt harmfull for my hair and cant couse hair loss.
i want to know that if this product can couse permanet hair loss and increase my hair loss?
plz help me
also my hair straightener is wellastrate
thanks

G

Hi nima555ir,
What can I say? Three days ago I wanted to ask exactly the same question but hesitated since I was not even registered and too new to just jump in and ask this question, which might seem strange to some people. WHAT?
A guy relaxing his hair? :paranoid:
So I am happy that I am not the only one :jumpy: :jump: :jumpy:
So maybe it is time to tell my story!
10 weeks ago I noticed that my hairline was thinning a bit (not obvious yet) so decided to study this forum and other forums and got myself Proscar and Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Solution.
I do too straighten my hair every now and again and was planning on doing it next week and had exactly your question but did not know where to go for an answer so decided to cut it off at number 1 :doh:
I usually use PhytoSpecific relaxer- Index 2 but it is a scalp killer. My scalp is really sensitive to it.
I have not heard of wellastrate but as soon as this post is posted I am gonna look for more information about it in google.
If you have a site where I can read about it please let me know.
Sorry I have no answer to your question but really hope someone can give you an answer.
Please keep me up to date, as I will be needing this information when my hair is longer.
Good luck.
Ventje

nima555ir

Reaction score
why nobody dont answer to this topic its really urgent for me.
plz help and even tell your idea about this

G

Hi Nima555ir,
I think and I hope I am wrong that the attitude of most people on this forum is: what? You are what? Straightening your hair?
Or you are colouring your hair?
No, no, no, that is for girls but to be obsessed about keeping it on your head then that is ok! That is what "real" men do.

As I have said; I was going to relax my hair next week but had to cut if because I did not know where to go to ask your question.
I was going to do the following (mind you I do it myself at home):
1- stop using minoxidil 5% for a few days before relaxing it.
2- apply pre-care balm (Corn-Germ Oil) to your scalp to act as an emollient burrier and protects the sensitive skin and scalp areas.
3- when applying the straightening cream, AVOID your scalp.
4- use minoxidil 5% a few days later or when your scalp is a 100% recoverd.
Again, that is my way I am no expert.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Ventje