StrandShedder's Story (age 17)

StrandShedder

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post here, so I figured I'd start with this.
I'm 17 years old and my hair has already started receding, just like my Pappy's. My dad went bald when he was 22, and guess who got genetically screwed over by recieving his hair? Me...Yay for me, I get to go bald in my early twenties! That's just f*****g peachy.
I'm gonna get on Rogain this summer, and I'll try to get on finasteride when I'm old enough. But with my thin and early receding hair, it will only be delaying the inevitable.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
once you turn 18 go to see your doctor and get on propecia,you could very well delay male pattern baldness for a decade if you catch it early,hopefully once you get to that point youll still have enough hair to look good and there should be better treatments out............dont stress about it,youre obviously on the right track and doing something about it

good luck :)

StrandShedder

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying not to stress about it too much. There's still time. It wouldn't really bother me if it starded when I was like 30 or something. I just want to keep my hair for a little longer. At least until I get past the point where looks are everything. Losing it after college wouldn't be bad.

Also, I should be able to post pics sometime in August.