Stress and inflammation

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
I managed to really calm my scalp down to very minimum itching.

However, now I'm back in the stressful office environment, the itching has come back!

Could be coincidence, but I reckon stress has a lot to answer for.

sohiab

Reaction score
This appears to happen to me as well. I'm sure the stress has enhanced my male pattern baldness! I have no family history of this.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced the following are things that really don't help with male pattern baldness:

a) stress
b) worry
c) lack of sleep

I always shed more hairs when I'm affected by the above.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the physiologic pathways through which stress accelerates inflammation and male pattern baldness?

What is a good med/vitamin/supplement regimen to counteract the various pathways if already maxed out on anti-androgens?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Rabid said:
What are the physiologic pathways through which stress accelerates inflammation and male pattern baldness?

Extreme stress can cause hair loss from a Telogen effluvium. Stress does not increase male androgens, it does not increase androgen receptor sensitivty, IE: stress does not cause androgenetic alopecia, and I don't see any method of action for it worsening Androgenetic Alopecia either...

Now that's some some serious stress relief :punk:

excuse me while I meditate... :jackit:

But this is the first time I've ever read that stress does not exacerbate male pattern baldness. A lot of articles implicate cortisol, for instance?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me ask it like this. If an extremely stressed person wanted to minimize their risk of suffering a second Telogen Effluvium, what would they take?

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Extreme stress can cause hair loss from a Telogen effluvium. Stress does not increase male androgens, it does not increase androgen receptor sensitivty, IE: stress does not cause androgenetic alopecia, and I don't see any method of action for it worsening Androgenetic Alopecia either...

Now that's some some serious stress relief :punk:

excuse me while I meditate... :jackit:

But this is the first time I've ever read that stress does not exacerbate male pattern baldness. A lot of articles implicate cortisol, for instance?[/quote]

Cortisol doesn't cause hair loss.[/quote]

Yes it does, it incease AR sensativity. So yes it does cause hair loss. Also increases inflamation and ROS. Which in turn again causes hair loss.