Strip Area Confusion!!!

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
God, I've been lurking on these boards for years now. Read through all of the various doctors, will probably go with Dr. Feller, as I live on LI, and I figure he's probably about the same price for strip as Dr. Bernstein ($6). Don't know if they go lower with prices, or if there is tax added to it.

My question seems so elementary, but please, more than one person chime in.

Every strip procedure I see done, or even FUE, the line/shaved area for FUE is just above or around the top of the ear area. My problem is, all of that hair around that level is either miniaturizing or in *need* of the transplant, yet the area that's two inches above the nape is thick as hell. Aside from the sides, do they take from this lower area. Most guys I see, they have more balding going on around the hairline than I do, but fuller crowns. I want to go for a NW1.5, which doesn't really exist/isn't really necessarily, but also get a postage size area on my crown done. Do they take the strip from a lower area if you're concerned about crown thinning? Thanks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
So how bad is the situation right now because by the sounds of it you dont need strip if you only need a small amount of work done go for FUE.
And Feller will look at your donor and not take from anywhere that is thinning.

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't want to pay 10 bucks a graft for FUE, though. Also, I want to preserve my donor hair. I'd rather get strip, even if it's a smaller slice, and have a nice yield. paying 10K for 1000 hairs isn't an attractive proposition for me. Is that even an option? If I want a small area done/small number of grafts harvested, can I still do strip?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes you can have it done but TBH its not a pleasant procedure and you'll be scarring yourself which would make shaving it off in the future no longer a good option.
Personally I believe strip is only neccesary for mega sessions or at least 3000+ anything less it makes sense to just do FUE.