STRIP SCAR REMOVAL INFO

out_of_this

Reaction score
I just shaved my head to zero after 3 years when I first had my Hair Transplant, and I am so depressed of how terrible does my scar looks. It was a terrible desicion that I felt inmidiatly when I walked out of that clinic. But it´s done already, and I have to look forward now.
I will shave my head from now, I don´t care about anything, I won´t go back to that horrible lie again.

Has anyone successfully minimized the strip scar? I know it is always going to be there, any chance we can make it look a little better? I will appreciate your story, info, pics anything that can help me and other people that I am sure are crossing to the same situation.
Thanks.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi

can you post a photo of your strip scar?

I don't think you can completely fix a scar although if it has stretched you could have it excised to make it as thin as possible.

out_of_this

Reaction score
Hi Lucky, sure here it is.

Attachments

• DSC01988.JPG
    DSC01988.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 286

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi o.o.t,

Thats quite a scar! who did the work?

This is a good forum for hairloss discussion but doctors are not allowed to post here, I really think you could have the scar fixed but you may be better off posting on forums where doctors actively post, I would try This forum, I am sure you will get a honest and realistic response.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You could get the scar exercised, cut out and replaced with a thinner better worked scar, Dr Lindsey is very good with scar work, or you could get FUE put into the scar to make it less obvious.

Who did the work?

out_of_this

Reaction score
Thanks Luky and Ptchsky, do you now whre is Dr. Linsey located?
I did mine in Medical Hair Buenos Aires, they did a terrible job, don´t go there.
I am intrested in remove the scar only, no more hair transplant, fue, or anything that with time will get me back on this situation.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No matter how well the scar is excised it will still be quite visable if you shave your head.

How bad does your hair look grown out ?

If your going to excise the scar you may as well look into getting your hair transplant fixed as they can do amazing things today

out_of_this

Reaction score
Hey HT55 thanks for responding! when you say amazing things, what specific things are you talking about, can you tell me what kind of technique and where? did you go over a scar review yourself? Thanks

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your scar is only going to get so good, it will always be visable on anthing under a #4 guard regardless of who fixes it.

What i was saying is how bad does your hair look grown out ? I would look into getting the scar fixed and see if they can help with putting more hair on your head also, check out ron Shapiro

out_of_this

Reaction score
Thanks HT55 but doing an other hair transplant or FUE it´s out of the posibilities. I am not going into that again, not anymore. I just want my scar reduce and look a little better and I will be done with this situation for ever, if people doesn´t like my scar I am sorry for them, but it is time to put my head on other things.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
out_of_this said:
Thanks HT55 but doing an other hair transplant or FUE it´s out of the posibilities. I am not going into that again, not anymore. I just want my scar reduce and look a little better and I will be done with this situation for ever, if people doesn´t like my scar I am sorry for them, but it is time to put my head on other things.

Well if your goal is to shave your head as in the pics shown above i would just deal with it and forget it. That scar is only going to get so good. I would just punt and forget the time/pain agrravation , $$, etc

CCS

Reaction score
out_of_this said:
Hi Lucky, sure here it is.

Mine is about that size, except I don't have the jaggest stuff on it. Mine is smooth and skin color, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide.

If you want it removed, make sure you wait two years after your procedure so your scalp fully heals and gets some more laxity. You need laxity or it will stretch back open. I might get mine excised, but I don't know if it is worth being in pain and having to hold my head a certain way for 6 months to get the best result. I look like I have a hat line on the back of my head if my hair is 1/2 inch long. So although I want it smaller, I'm not sure I want to go be in post op recovery again. No fun. Life is too short.

If you do get someone to cut it out, I saw some good pics from Dr Feller. But maybe it was just his best result, not the typical one. Still give him a look.

amsch

Reaction score
You could also use Body Hair transplant to fix the scar, Dr. Umar is a very good bht surgeon.

CCS

Reaction score
amsch said:
You could also use Body Hair transplant to fix the scar, Dr. Umar is a very good bht surgeon.

I've been hearing good stuff about him. And thinking of BHT back there too. I think I will do that. cutting my scalp open again is just no fun. You have a bad headache for two weeks, can't lift anything, and have to keep your head way back to keep tension off the skin for at least 3 months, preferably 6. Yeah, you don't have to, but you get a wider scar if you don't. I bet an excision would be at least $500, if not $1000. I could fill it in good for that price. I'm just concerned about donor scars.

ragdoll

Reaction score
Dude I think that scar looks bad ***!! Shave it and make up a cool story!! I am balding and have scars on my face (dog attack and bike accident) and you just have to deal with it. Honestly your scar is pretty cool, I wouldn't worry about it.