Students on Regiments...

junior_senior

Reaction score
Hey, are there any college/university students on hairloss regiments (namely the big 3)??

If so, how are you finding it money wise? Is it do-able, or do you have to wh*** yourself out/sell your soul for the coin??

How much does the big 3 regiment usually set you back each year??

Rock

Bismarck

Reaction score
I think many here are in your age. BIG 3 can be actually very cheap if you buy generic stuff.

(It's note a regiment but a regimen [and not a regime]) :)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
I(It's note a regiment but a regimen [and not a regime]) :)
actually all three are acceptable....

It's not "note", it's not :wink:

Bismarck

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Bismarck said:

It's not "note", it's not :wink:

OK. Wanted to begin that sentence with "Note that..." :wink:
But you're right, all three seem to be acceptable !

Petchsky

Reaction score
i'm on the big three plus a few extras and as a student myself i estimate that it costs around £40 a month for me. Though some people don't look round for the cheapest price. I manage to do it, remember, where there is a will, there's a way! How about that old chestnut for ya!

8)

G

Petchsky said:
i'm on the big three plus a few extras and as a student myself i estimate that it costs around £40 a month for me. Though some people don't look round for the cheapest price. I manage to do it, remember, where there is a will, there's a way! How about that old chestnut for ya!

8)

Yo word up Petchsky!! (got all that from an American hip-hop magazine my little brother lent me)

what's your break down for 40 squid a month?

Ty

Petchsky

Reaction score
Word up bro!

Okay, time to dust of the calculator and do some number crunching, here goes,

Minoxidil £19.99 a month (£20) (http://www.mxclub.co.uk)
Proscar £70 but last 4 months 4/70 = £17.50 per month (split into 4)
Nizorol £5.75

Total £43.25 a month... thats just using the big three - so give and take it is possible

Now i use two other minor products, so, since i've been called to costs i will re-evaluate my original statement probably closer to £50 a month for me.

Till the next hop on the good foot and do da bad thing! (check your bro's magazine for that one Ty)

:2gunsfiring_v1:

G

Petchsky said:
Minoxidil £19.99 a month (£20) (http://www.mxclub.co.uk)
Proscar £70 but last 4 months 4/70 = £17.50 per month (split into 4)
Nizorol £5.75

Till the next hop on the good foot and do da bad thing! (check your bro's magazine for that one Ty)

:2gunsfiring_v1:

Yo, yo, yo to ya'll bad self, and didn't yo know it (I'm not sure about that last bit sounds a little bit Geordie, oh well f*** it)

I get my proscar for £30 for a 28 pack at QHI.co.uk (that's also around four months at 1.25mg a day)

Boots are doing their own Ketoconazole (1%) shampoo at £3.99

cheers for the cheap minoxidil link, I have been regularly shafted down my local chemist (that sounds like a good song, if anything)

yo mother ya b**ch *** can be saving the green if ya jus' git some learnin' up under ya'll skull

Thanks

My bad self, Ty

G

19y/o student here

Regimen $
finasteride $15 a month(Proscar cut in 1/4's or 1/5s)
minoxidil $5 a month(generic 4pack)
Nizoral/Tgel $cheap and it takes me several months to finish
Total per month about 20$

My minoxidil is so cheap because I get the generic and it takes me about 3 months per bottle because i only apply it to my temples. I get my Proscar from Costco pharm for $75 for 30 pills which can last up to 5 months if cut into fifths. Comes out to about 15$ a month. I get all my sh*t from costco, its all about the bulk Tgel and Nizoral and minoxidil. Peace.

sucks2bme

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
19y/o student here

Regimen $
finasteride $15 a month(Proscar cut in 1/4's or 1/5s)
minoxidil $5 a month(generic 4pack)
Nizoral/Tgel $cheap and it takes me several months to finish
Total per month about 20$

My minoxidil is so cheap because I get the generic and it takes me about 3 months per bottle because i only apply it to my temples. I get my Proscar from Costco pharm for $75 for 30 pills which can last up to 5 months if cut into fifths. Comes out to about 15$ a month. I get all my sh*t from costco, its all about the bulk Tgel and Nizoral and minoxidil. Peace.

do you get a prescription from a dr to buy proscar? I bought mine online and it was like $60, although it comes from brazil.

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
22 year old student here:
Xandrox 15 -- $22 (lasts four months)
spironolactone -- $20
Proscar -- $9
MSM, Bitoin, Multivitamin -- chump change

A lil over 50 bucks a month...not bad. I forgot which pharmacy I got the proscar from but I talked to several ppl on here that reccomended them.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair loss kinna ruined the best years of my life. I will never go back to college..and the time i had in college..i had to struggle with baldness from day 1 i entered college. I have another 4 months or so remaining in college...cant wait to get outta it.
I am not on finasteride presently but i use minoxidil...it costs me like 25AUD and nizoral..i paid like 12$, so i guess it shud last 3 mths or so.
This is nothing in comparison i spend on beer and cigarettes :freaked:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Bismarck said:

I think "regimen" is the word of choice in this context, with "regime" being possibly a distant second choice. But "regiment" doesn't cut the mustard in this context. It implies something like the 101st Manned Airborne Division! :D

(I'm waiting to see if Bismarck has any idea what "cut the mustard" means! No, it's not the same as "cut the cheese.")

Bryan

Petchsky

Reaction score
I get my proscar for £30 for a 28 pack at QHI.co.uk (that's also around four months at 1.25mg a day)

Glad the link helped Ty... i have added qui.co.uk to my favourites and shall use them again next time i need supplies, so cheers for that Holmes!

looks like there is some damn cheap *** "regimes" here... no your right Bryan "regimen" feels right.

:lol:

Petchsky

Reaction score

Glad the link helped Ty... i have added qui.co.uk to my favourites and shall use them again next time i need supplies, so cheers for that Holmes!

looks like there is some damn cheap *** "regimes" here... no your right Bryan "regimen" feels right.

:lol:

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
21 y/o student. I also switched from propecia to proscar and saved a sh*t load of money and nizoral last me. And have been going good with cheap minoxidil, prices ain't too bad i just sh*t a brick when its time to buy textbooks, hence the need for generic textbooks!

junior_senior

Reaction score
cool.... thanks for the replies.

So, many of you seem to be both on finasteride and minoxidil. The finasteride keeps your hair from falling out, and minoxidil stimulates new growth; what if I was to use minoxidil for a few years (while simultaneously using finasteride), gain some new hair...and then quit using it...

Would the hair that I gained from minoxidil remain as I'm still taking finasteride, or are the new minoxidil hairs dependent on my consistent use of minoxidil???

Anybody been in this situation??

rock