Study on Saw Palmetto

michael barry

Reaction score
New England Journal of Medicine too. Pretty heady stuff. Were they using the saw palmetto oil extract? anybody know? That would pretty much seal the matter if they were.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
And yet, you can look at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

In the randomized trial, tissue DHT levels were reduced by 32% from 6.49 to 4.40 ng/g in the SPHB group (P <0.005), with no significant change in the placebo group

Other clinical examples exist as well.

I just don't know whom to believe anymore. Tomorrow someone will come out with another trial saying it's the greatest stuff ever for BPH, lol... you just wait.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
don't waste your time, money and hair on saw palmetto guys...

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
It clearly helps with BPH but it clearly does jack for hair loss.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Z said:
don't waste your time, money and hair on saw palmetto guys...

After several months, I grew vellus just using saw palmetto berry juice topically. Then I started using finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral after I joined this forum.
SP does something, for some.
Boru

abcdefg

Reaction score
I used saw palmetto. It definately slowed down my hairloss and my itchy head went numb for the first time in years of seeing dermatologists and trying shampoos. It also screwed up my dick along with it. I quit because it scared me, but saw palmetto definately did something. I really really dont think the placebo effect could be that powerful as to make my dick stop working.

TerryTate

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto = Hoax

I'm not at all surprised. Saw palmetto was the first thing I used to attempt to stop/reverse my hair loss, and it was a waste of 6 months of my hair. I went through a pretty good 2 month or so shed, but I never regrew anything. Don't use saw palmetto. I wish I'd just started with finasteride right off the bat, but I was afraid of the chemical aspect of it and the potential side effects. Again, don't use saw palmetto.

CCS

Reaction score
saw palmetto has one of the highest ratios of free fatty acids to glycerol bound fatty acids of most oils, though the ratio is still low and the types of fatty acids are not GLA or much that is strong. When I have almost pure fatty acids with GLA, ALA and linoleic acid, I will have a nice smelling super saw palmetto with other health benifits too.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Saw Palmetto = Hoax

TerryTate said:
I went through a pretty good 2 month or so shed, but I never regrew anything.

Kind of scary. Add me to the list of not knowing what to believe..... :?