Stuff to test on our beards

CCS

Reaction score
Why wait a year to see if we get regrowth on our heads? Lets test stuff on one side of our beard, or on body hair, first.

Looking for easy cheap stuff.
Got:

White curcumin
peppermint essential oil
EGCG
normal green tea extract
what else?

I say we each test a topical on one side and see the difference. I will do white curcumin.

Remember: body hair and beard hair respond opposite of head hair to hormones. If these things act just by inhibiting 5ar or the AR, they should make body and face hair shrink, and that means they would be good for head hair.

Our goal is to have a topical that gives our internal propecia and extra kick.

CCS

Reaction score
oh yea, the other thing to test is one of those licorice creams. That will tell us if it is even worth buying the bulk powder. Micheal Berry says he saw results in 2 months with his topicals.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just bough new arsenal for my Norwood! after reading all the evidences on this forums about essential oils : First I changed my shampoo and conditioners and bought a leave in hair treatment that I mixed with Pure Lavender & peppermint oil.

Everything organic stuff..
- Giovanni Tea tree triple Treat invigorating shampoo and conditioner Got Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint in it.
- Giovanni Vitapro Leave-in hair treatment(Got all king of good essential oils in it already) that I mix 100% lavender and Peppermint oil that I bought seperatly , mix it and spray that in my...Hair smell good! better than emu oil , penetrate really fast and feel really good.

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/ the website is really :gay: and slow too many animations...

Bought it at the Natural supplements store..You can feel the cold sensation from the peppermint after 30 minutes still!

Just added something to support Propecia.

Next paycheck! I am going to try the bioskinclear stuff with Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin (Licorice) Root Extract in a Liposome
Check it out: http://www.bioskinclear.com/ingredients/

11560670570728958_small.jpg

If the Root extract is working I am going to grow my own lol! Need to find a supplier of the Inflata here in North America.

Next investment would be a Macaque suffering from male pattern baldness so I can try stuff on it and get sponsors by different companies in the male pattern baldness business so I can afford diapers and food.

Formosan_macaque.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
I just ordered lavender and peppermint essential oil. I'll put some in my shampoos, and test some on my beard and body hair.
I'm going to test: EGCG, peppermint, curcumin, and tea tree oil on the left side of different body hair zones. I'll only use the effective stuff in my shampoos. I probably should also test the spironolactone.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
CCS! You are a good guinea pig!
i1_hemera_guinea1.gif

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
CSS, it is awesome that you are doing this, I look forward to the results.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I put my mix lavender/peppermint after the shower on my hydrated scalp! This sh*t is powerful! Watch out! But my head feel so good after and my hair look good too..But the smell is Hard Core...You can kill flies, I smell like my grand-Mother after a shower...I have to go down on the dose because they will have too much fun at work!

Fred

CCS

Reaction score
Get some everclear, put 20% DI water in it, and do 2% peppermint and 1% lavendar. Get a little spray bottle and spray that on your head. According to Micheal Berry, that won't burn as much.

If someone will find me some more licorice shampoos I'd be very happy. I want to make sure it is the inflata. All the different names out there are confusing. Some of the sites don't seem to know that there are only supposed to be two, and not three names.

CCS

Reaction score
and the peppermint oil from NOW was so cheap, I'm going to put it in my body wash. My shower will smell good. I hope my body hair gets smaller, since I can't afford laser right now.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
CCS?Are you that hairy?? My girlfriend came in an hour after my shower and she was able to smell the stuff still....I want the real Inflata stuff so I can make my own topical and smell stronger.

CCS

Reaction score
squeegee said:
CCS?Are you that hairy?? My girlfriend came in an hour after my shower and she was able to smell the stuff still....I want the real Inflata stuff so I can make my own topical and smell stronger.

good smell or bad smell? you got licorice shampoo?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
She told me...Its smell f*****g good here!..What is up?? Normally it is smell like cat litter here! A good strong smell when you do the application and the smell stay there for a while..but I don't know about me..She never told me.???

CCS

Reaction score
I think it is very important to see what ingredients reduce beard hair the most. Or body hair. Got to know, so we can plan our shampoos accordingly.

rah

Reaction score
Hey, I just bought some peppermint oil, and now I see people are doing a lavender/peppermint mix. Is that a better idea? Also, I'm not quite sure what amount of distilled water I should mix with the peppermint. Can you guys tell me how you measure it out? In drops? Teaspoons? 50:1? Then just pour it all into a spray container and spray after showering? :dunno:

CCS

Reaction score
Depends on the size of your spray container. If it is big enough, use tea spoons. Those 1mL minoxidil droppers would be easiest though. about 20 or 50 to 1 would be best.

rah

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Depends on the size of your spray container. If it is big enough, use tea spoons. Those 1mL minoxidil droppers would be easiest though. about 20 or 50 to 1 would be best.

Thanks CCS, I guess I'll go with teaspoons. I should probably start out with 50:1 but I'm going to give 35:1 a go. It must be some strong stuff. I'll put some on my face as well to see what it does to my beard hair. Maybe I'll throw some lavender in there?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Why wait a year to see if we get regrowth on our heads? Lets test stuff on one side of our beard, or on body hair, first.

Looking for easy cheap stuff.
Got:

White curcumin
peppermint essential oil
EGCG
normal green tea extract
what else?

I say we each test a topical on one side and see the difference. I will do white curcumin.

Remember: body hair and beard hair respond opposite of head hair to hormones. If these things act just by inhibiting 5ar or the AR, they should make body and face hair shrink, and that means they would be good for head hair.

Our goal is to have a topical that gives our internal propecia and extra kick.

Would testing topical finasteride on body hair give any indication whether it worked systemically or locally? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the jury is still out on the effectiveness of topical finasteride (and/or dutasteride). And some who claim it is effective suggest that it is because it enters the blood stream and works systemically.

So, if topical finasteride/dutasteride was applied to, say, your beard and there was a decrease in hair growth where applied, that would indicate a local action, would it not?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Along the same lines, isn't there a way to measure sebum output with a special kind of tape? I'm a bit sketchy on the details. Would it help to test topicals by measuring their effect on sebum before moving onto body hair?

CCS

Reaction score
Sebum measurement would definitely get faster results. But we already know from studies that some of these things reduce sebum production. So only measure that if you are testing something new, like maybe beta sis.

If you can find that tape, go for it. But just looking at my skin throughout the day, I'd say I don't make much oil, except on my face.

hmmm... if i make a lot of oil on my face, maybe that means there is a lot of androgenic activity in my face, which maybe explains the wrinkles and big pores and other signs of aging. I'll put white curcumin and spironolactone on my face twice a day and see if that slows aging. And a bit of peppermint too. Just one side of the face to start though.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know the logistics or tools for sebum measurement. If it is a relatively simple procedure, I would try it.

What do you think about testing topical finasteride/dutasteride on body hair? If you got a reduction in, say, beard hair where it was applied and nowhere else that would indicate a local action wouldn't it? That at least some of the effect was from the finasteride/dutasteride reaching the follicles before entering the bloodstream?