Style it before you freak

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've found this to be true over and over again for myself during this diablo fiasco. I'll look in the mirror at my hair, completely freak at how bad it looks and think I need to buzz it, put a bag over my head, and only make love to blind chipmunks.

Usually though, I'll take a few breaths, go and wash my hair, put in a leave in conditioner, smoothing balm, and a small amount of styling clay and bam, my hair looks perfect and I feel like I'm barely touched by hair loss.

I guess I'm trying to say, buck up guys and if you are having a bad hair day and its completely getting you down, start over. Figure out exactly what styling products and cut work for you and then own it. It's amazing how much your mood can fluctuate.

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
i buzzed my head a year ago and have done it once a week since, i regret doing it now. before, my hairloss was only really noticeable if it was wet, but if it was dried it with a hairdryer i was able to manipulate it so that my hairloss didnt look as bad as it really was. it was long so that helped to cover up my thinning areas.

one day i got the idea to buzz it as i had a particularly bad night previously, of friends making comment on how thin my hair was. but once i started to buzz it, it was only then that i reaslised how bad my hairloss was. now if i grow it out the thinning areas that weren't noticeable when my hair was longer are really noticeable now, and frustrate me so much that i buzz it again, but if i hadnt of buzzed it a year ago with some clever styling techniques and couvre would have made it look pretty cool tbh.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
Hey guys,

I've found this to be true over and over again for myself during this diablo fiasco. I'll look in the mirror at my hair, completely freak at how bad it looks and think I need to buzz it, put a bag over my head, and only make love to blind chipmunks.

Usually though, I'll take a few breaths, go and wash my hair, put in a leave in conditioner, smoothing balm, and a small amount of styling clay and bam, my hair looks perfect and I feel like I'm barely touched by hair loss.

I guess I'm trying to say, buck up guys and if you are having a bad hair day and its completely getting you down, start over. Figure out exactly what styling products and cut work for you and then own it. It's amazing how much your mood can fluctuate.

This is good advice.