Subzerohero's Story - (20) (+ pics)

subzerohero

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a 20 year old guy from Belgium.
Since last year I started to notice my hair was getting thinner, although at that time, I wasn't losing any yet. My hairdresser told me my hear was too thin and he adviced me a short haircut. I was astonished to say the least. I was starting to get worried since my dad also began to lose his shoulder length curls when he was about 20.

October 2008, I went to the local grocery store to see if they sold anything to combat hair loss. A noob at that time (I still am), I bought Nivea shampoo and tonic "Hair recharge". For 2 months, my hair was getting thicker and thicker and I liked the results. But then, my hair got just like straw, also greasy within only one day. My hair also started to fall out again at a much quicker pace than before.

Hoping to find a better solution for my problem, I went to see my pharmacist.
She recommended me:
- Vichy Dercos energizing shampoo with Aminexil + vitamins PP/B5*/B6
- Vichy Dercos Aminexil 1,5% and SP94 0,10 %, some kind of fluid to put on my scalp
- Inneov Homme, a supplement (2 pills/day)

I started this combination 2 months ago, after one month, my hair again grew thicker and healthier. But today, I lost 400+ hairs during washing and putting on that horrible fluid. I'm feeling bad all day and paranoid about my hair.
Can somebody please help me, 20 years is too young to be bald.

Subzerohero

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Sub's Story - (20)

it usually does help assess the situation

just block out your face if you need to

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

ok well judging from your story you do have male pattern baldness in your family

and good example of that is your loosing your hair around the same time as your father

IMO all the "hair tonics" potions are snake oil

if i were in your shoes and i am i would stick to the FDA recommend drugs for hair loss

these include finasteride and MIN

nizoral is not fda approved for hair loss but alot of people swear it helps (including myself)

cheers mate

subzerohero

Reaction score

So this is the situation now, it's a bit worse than it looks.
Yeah I still got a lot of hair, but bad quality, very thin and I'm losing it quickly.
So I think it's best if I act quickly, because today I lost about 300-400 hairs.

ztjjaw.jpg

2u5rg5i.jpg

My straw hat
sqgqpf.jpg

subzerohero

Reaction score
Can finasteride have an effect on my removed gynocomastia?
I had an operation last year to remove it.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
no in fact if you were to use finasteride it might create another case of gyno for you
since you are susceptible to it

i would ask a doctor about it though as i am not one

cheers

subzerohero

Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
no in fact if you were to use finasteride it might create another case of gyno for you
since you are susceptible to it

i would ask a doctor about it though as i am not one

cheers

That were my thoughts exactly! Have to ask my surgeon about that.
If I can't take finasteride, will minoxidil and nizoral be enough?
Or what are my options?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
well i would recommend you get some blood tests done

did you have too much free testosterone running in you system causing your gyno?

their is no guarantee finasteride will give you gyno
i just think the probability would be higher
since you have had gyno in the past

like i said i would ask a doctor about that

finasteride is the best drug for maintenance and possibly re growth

minoxidil is usually a temporary fix because it doesnt rid those follicles of that harmful DHT like finasteride does

their are topical anti-androgens like spironolactone and FLUT
but finasteride would probably do the best job

cheers

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, nothing you can buy in your local supermarket will help you.

I'm sorry to say this, but your pharmacist is just trying to get your money. I can' t believe they didn't say anything about minoxidil. Don't go there anymore.

Ditch the Vichy Dercos stuff too. That stuff is loaded with irritants that'll nuke your scalp.

If you wanna save you're hair without being ripped off you'll have to keep to these 3 principles:

1) If it isn't proven something works, don't use it.
2) If it's too expensive, don't use it.
3) Doctors, dermatologists and pharmacists are just tools to get your hair supplies. Don't ask them for advice, know exactly what you want from them before you visit them.

subzerohero

Reaction score
eXVee said:
Dude, nothing you can buy in your local supermarket will help you.

I'm sorry to say this, but your pharmacist is just trying to get your money. I can' t believe they didn't say anything about minoxidil. Don't go there anymore.

Ditch the Vichy Dercos stuff too. That stuff is loaded with irritants that'll nuke your scalp.

If you wanna save you're hair without being ripped off you'll have to keep to these 3 principles:

1) If it isn't proven something works, don't use it.
2) If it's too expensive, don't use it.
3) Doctors, dermatologists and pharmacists are just tools to get your hair supplies. Don't ask them for advice, know exactly what you want from them before you visit them.

Don't worry, I don't use that stuff anymore.
Now I just use Nizoral 2/3 times a week.
I want to consider minoxidil and finasteride, but I'm not sure about fina because a side-effect is gynaecomastia which I was operated on last year.
So I'm not quite sure yet what I'm going to do...