Success on RU

TamTam

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my first post on a hairloss forum. I wanted to share my experience with RU.

Some background information: I started suffering from hairloss when i was 17 years old. After my first visit to the dermatologist i was prescribed minoxidil 2% and vitamins. It didn't work. I went back a couple of times during the next 12 months. On my fourth visit to the doctor i was prescribed finasteride and i never came back. It made wonders. Four months later my hairloss had stopped except for the temples. Hairloss on my temples continued at a much slower rate. I coped happily with that.

Unfortunately, my hairloss situation changed completely 12 months ago. I decided to stop taking finasteride.

I had been suffering from brain fog for the last 8-9 years. I didn't know finasteride could cause, or at least strengthen, brain fog until i read a post from a hairloss forum member. I checked other posts and found he wasn't alone. For every member who had noticed finasteride induced brain fog Im sure there were hundreds with no brain fog whatsoever but there were enough people noticing brain fog as a finasteride side effect to take notice.
On the other hand, brain fog wasn't the only side effect we had in common. Sexual sides had been a constant for me. I had suffered libido loss from the start and loss of morning woods 5-6 years after.
Even though sexual sides grew with time i didn't give them much thought because sexual sides were supposed to disappear once the treatment were interrupted.

Not willing to stop finasteride and losing my hair, my first thought was lowering the dosage : 1.25 EOD or 0.6 ED. But I wasn't a regular hairloss forum member. I didn't know where to look so i googled. Google, "finasteride side effects" as a keyword and an afternoon to spend are going to take you , sooner or later, to some propecia-help user experience. I freaked. I didn't stop cold-turkey but i was no longer comfortable taking finasteride.

During the next year, I tried to counter my soon-to-resume hairloss with topical DHT inhibitors, antiandrogens and growth stimulants. I tried Revivogen, spironolactone lotion and cream, copper peptides ( Folligen and Prox-n ), Rogaine foam and hairloss supplements.
I know I tried too many hairloss treatments for such a short period of time and , hence, not enough time was given to evaluate the effectiveness of any of them.
Im just bringing together my results with each treatment. All were subject to the same level of impatience.

Revivogen ( 4 months )

I tried Revivogen on my hairline shortly after quitting finasteride. Since my hairloss had not yet resumed, I applied Revivogen only to my hairline. I thought it made sense: it would last much longer ( it's expensive ) and I was fighting locally the only area where finasteride had been unable to stop hairloss.
I applied Revivogen for three months. I shed lots of hairs. Terminal hairs were replaced with thin 0.3cm hairs that fell before growing any further. Once fallen, they never regrew back. I felt anxious but sticked to it. Shedding was supposed to be a good sign and hairloss treatments required some time.
After four months, I had severe brainfog. I sent back what Revivogen I had left and received a refund.
I don't know if I would have seen all those hairline hairs lost grow back had I kept applying Revivogen. Looking back, Im very happy I stopped applying Revivogen.

Copper Peptides ( Folligen and Prox-n ) and spironolactone S5 Cream ( 4 months )

After quitting Revivogen, I tried spironolactone. I bought S5 Cream from Hairlosstalk and , later on, made my own spironolactone at home. I added copper peptides to my regime too.
For 4 months, I applied copper peptides and spironolactone two times per day.
My hair felt healthier with Folligen but It had no effect on hairloss. In contrast, spironolactone seemed to have some effect at the beginning. It changed with time. Three months after starting spironolactone ( 6 months after quitting finasteride ) my pre-finasteride hairloss resumed and spironolactone + copper peptides made no difference. During the next month, I saw 2cm of hairline vanish and 100-150 hairs after showering.It was depressing.

I have very little density in my hairline having dealt for so long with hairloss in that area. Still, It was depressing to see it recede so quickly. It happened while taking finasteride but at a much much much slower rate.

EUCAPIL ( 1 month )

Panicked, I searched for other treatments I could try. I read about RU and Eucapil from el_duterino.
I tried Eucapil first. RU was stronger and cheaper than Eucapil but It didn't seem to work for everyone and I didn't want to find myself with 10g of RU ( minimum order - 300$ worth ) that didn't work for me. Eucapil was said to have no side effects too.

I tried Eucapil for 1.5 months. It worked. One and a half ampules per day slowed my hairloss. It was the first time a treatment had had some success treating my hairloss since quitting finasteride. I read Eucapil effectiveness was dose dependant. I couldn't afford enought Eucapil to try to halt my hairloss completely ( 3-4 ampules per day ) so I jumped to RU. It was much cheaper and I felt that the chances of RU working for me had grown after having had some success with Eucapil.

RU ( 3 months )

I ordered 10g from Kane ( koutingchina ). Communication was smooth and he was very helpful. He had run out of RU due to unexpected demand and I had to wait 7 days for the new batch to be ready. Once the new batch was cleared for sale , he shipped the RU promptly. Shipping was very fast. I received my order a couple of days after.
The powder was white, grained, no fishy smell and it dissolved completely in a 70% Ethanol / 30% PPG solution. I prepared and stored it ( and currently do ) following el_duterino recommendations.

I started with 20mg/day 70% Ethanol / 30 PPG 3 ml solution prepared daily. Two weeks were time enough to notice a decrease in hairloss.
Every two weeks I increased the dosage in 10mg. I found out 40mg was the most I could handle before experiencing mild brain fog.

Three months after starting RU, I am currently applying 30mg-40mg every day ( 30mg one day , 40 mg the next ). My hairloss is more or less ( maybe a bit less ) the same I had while taking finasteride.
As of today, 30-40mg of RU has the same effect for me as finasteride without any noticeable brain fog or sexual side effects. If sexual sides or brain fog appear I will let you know.

In my case , el_duterino thinking was right: If you have had good results with finasteride chances are RU will work for you.

Thanks.

T

TravisB

Good to hear that it works for another person, since I'll be buying RUM. It's strange that it works for you in such small concentration (30-40 mg per 3 ml is about 1%). Are you sure it's not any placebo effect?

TamTam

Reaction score
TravisB said:
Good to hear that it works for another person, since I'll be buying RUM. It's strange that it works for you in such small concentration (30-40 mg per 3 ml is about 1%). Are you sure it's not any placebo effect?

Im not sure its not a placebo effect. I can tell you what Im sure of:

Im sure I have stopped seeing 100-200 hairs after showering and 20-30 hairs in my fingers after applying a topical. And only while being on RU.

Im sure too I didn't have much hopes on RU after having shelled hundreds of dollars ( 200-300$) on topicals ( Revivogen, Prox-n, Folligen, etc ) that had no effect.

If its a placebo effect, Im sure its the first placebo effect I have experienced with hairloss treatments ( Rogaine, Folligen, Revivogen, spironolactone lotion and S5 cream, lignans, green tea, etc ) unless you consider my results with finasteride due to placebo effects too.

I can't help you with concentrations. I just followed el_duterino recommendations. Not to think about concentrations but total RU applied.
I was concerned with brain fog so I started with 20mg, increasing the dosage in 10mg every two weeks.
As of today, 30-40mg every day having washed my hair previously works for me.

I hope it helps.

TamTam

Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
Any pictures?

Sorry, I have no pictures.

I bought a Celeron USB microscope to keep track of my hairloss. I send it back to Amazon because all the pics I took were too blurry.

I have diffuse hairloss. I have receding temples and a hairline with little to no density. No patches but little density all over my head. Thin hair too.

I can take a pic of my hair if you wish but I dont have pics prior to RU. I dont know how they could be of any help: I dont claim RU thickened my hair.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive never heard of RUM and a quick google search I couldnt find anything either.. What is it???

TamTam

Reaction score
Yes, still a success fuckbaldness.

No regrowth but no hairloss either. Hair thickened too but not that much ( I have very thin hair and little density ).

I dont want to increase the dosage ( 40mg/day ) trying to achieve some regrowth because Im happy enough and , frankly, Im a bit afraid of sides.
I dont remember finding enough RU induced significant regrowth stories with dosages below 100mg/ day and without previous shedding. Im not willing to go that far in the meantime.

Every now and then, I do regret, however, not having found RU before.

Good luck !

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you say RU stopped your hairloss, but no regrowth. This is exactly what 1.25MG of finasteride does for me. Stopped my hair loss immediately after getting on finasteride, but I have seen no cosmetic regrowth. Also, finasteride doesn't give me any side effects whatsoever.

I get Finasteride for free from my local pharmacy, somehow my insurance covers that. I guess because it's so cheap. But it is definitely legit, and it did stop my hair loss a long time ago. About a year ago, a month after starting it.

So in my conclusion is that RU would be a complete waste of money for me. There goes my question if RU is worth it. It's obviously not, if it does the same exact thing that finasteride does. I guess it's worth it for those who suffer from finasteride side effects.

That sucks, when the hell is a hair treatment gonna come out, that regrows hair for male pattern baldness sufferers, 100% of the time. I guess that's too much to ask for and only hair cloning will be able to do such a thing.

pazguato

Reaction score
I'm happy RU worked for you.

IMHO you should make some good before/after photos under the same lightning conditions. Everybody has a cell phone and even the cheapest ones can make decent photos to track your progress.

I'm not questioning your word, but I'd like to see one long term and well documented case of success taking RU, that's all.

Take care!

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
forero medio said:
I'm happy RU worked for you.

IMHO you should make some good before/after photos under the same lightning conditions. Everybody has a cell phone and even the cheapest ones can make decent photos to track your progress.

I'm not questioning your word, but I'd like to see one long term and well documented case of success taking RU, that's all.

Take care!
what about irishpride? his thread is well documented and is a success

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that it worked on you. Congratulations. Can I see any picture?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you. Is there any other topical that doesn't involve so much alcohol?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to you. Is there any other topical that doesn't involve so much alcohol?

MasterBald007

Reaction score
RU best replacement for Hair loss problem

Hello, yeah according to me RU is bit expensive than finasteride . But if you have had good results with finasteride chances are RU will work for you.
How it works ?
Very similarly RU58841 is applicable for preventing hair loss which is rubbed in to the scalp directly into the affected hair follicles because it is not applied systemically it does not have systemic effects.
It acts directly on the affected hair follicles to block DHT’s (Dihydrotestosterone) which is one of the natural hormones access to them. Hair follicles that are sensitive to DHT have to be exposed to DHT for a prolonged period before the miniaturization process begins.
Blocking DHT in hair follicles before they begin miniaturizing should stop the process in its tracks. In the hair follicles that have already begun miniaturizing, RU can stop them from proceeding with the process.
With the combination of minoxidil, which can promote hair regrowth? RU seems to not only stop the hair loss process in its tracks, but it also seems to be able to reverse it. This RU may very well be the hair loss solution everyone has been searching for this kind of solution if its applicable for their hair fall pattern. Hopefully this tips are useful!

gchr1

Reaction score
no offense but a little skeptical on post because from my research it seems there is only 1 place to get the RU from and its hard to determine if what your getting is really RU