Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on number of grafts, what your expectations are etc etc

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the "correct" question would be: what's the average YIELD of hair transplant (supposed that you don't go to a butcher dr)

HairForDays

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with WMQ. The yield is the right question to ask. A successful transplant is one that you are happy with. If you are satisfied with an affordable procedure, but have a pluggy frontal hair line then, the procedure would be a success from your point of view. However, I would prefer the most natural looking hair line possible. A natural hair line will be will comprised of only one hair grafts and not be placed deep too deep. Grafts that are placed too deep appears as if a plant is growing out of your head. As far as yielded goes the lowest transection rate I have seen is less than 3%. I strongly encourage you to visit Dr. Cole's website for a natural transplant.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that most modern hair transplants actually come out fine. I see a lot of results posted online and I can spot hair transplants in the real world very often (even if they came out great) and I am generally of the opinion that they helped the person who got them. I think it has a lot to do with expectations and discussions with the surgeon. If you understand what you are paying for and they do what they plan to do, I think most surgeries live up to expectations. When people go in under-educated (without knowing about the likely need for more than one hair transplant, shockloss in donor and recipient zones, protracted time to see a meaningful result, etc) or go to a bad doctor they tend to have a rough time and be unhappy.

Also, even the very best docs out there have some bad outcomes, so remember that no matter who you pick.

Piyush

Reaction score
This actually depends upon many factors majorly include:
1. Experience of the surgeon
2. Age factor and general health of the patient
3. Hairloss degree
4. Availability of good donor area
5. Proper Consultation