Sudden Hair Loss

FAZILYOUSUF

Reaction score
Hi all ,

I am 28 years old male . I had a head full of hair till january 2013. I had grew it long enough and had straightened it with wellagate and flat ironing. I disliked the look so much that i got it cut three days later. I have a high forehead and a weird head shape. i cover it up with my hair . But the hair which started growing after i did straightening is so thin in volume. Recently, i have noticed that i am losing hair from my crown . All these hair strands have a white bulb at the bottom. i have tried rogaine for two weeks but stopped since it was making my hair greasy and my scalp itchy and my hair more thinner. I find atleast three four strands of hair in my hand if i run my hand through my hair. i have seen lots of thin hair falling off in the wash basin every morning. this worries me a lot. I am kinda completely depressed now. Any advices. I am planing for a hair transplant to reduce my hairline soon .:(

giannis

Reaction score
Starting and stopping minoxidil is the worst you can do.At least stay on minoxidil for 4 months to see if its working but have in mind its more effective on the crown than hairline What you are going through is a shed where hairs fall to be raplaced by new hair.
Straighting doesnt cause balding only breakage except if its chemical straighting. The treatments we have for hairloss sucks in terms of curing baldness and dont work for eveyone(finasteride and minoxidil) And a friendly advise dont enter this forum too often and streesed too much about it.