sudden shed with nioxin, also on propecia...

jiggamanprimo

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up first post, been checking in here a lot recently. Ok so here is my quick history:

Started taking propecia 1 mg a day about a year and a half ago when I felt my hair was starting to thin a bit up top and realized I could see a little bit into my scalp above the hairline. I have also used nizoral 2% from time to time, but never really like shampooing because I like the way my hair sits a couple days of not washing it. I never noticed a shed that I always read about. This past april there was a fire in my place and things with my insurance got mixed up etc etc long story and I didnt take propecia for about 4 months. I didn't mind it because I wanted to see if my sex drive was suffering while I was on it or whether it was due to other reasons...

I model so my hair is really important at the moment. It is pretty long. I have recently gotten back on propecia about two weeks ago and around the same time started Nioxin treatment. I swear for the first couple days my hair looked great but now for the first time ever I have noticed a lot of hair shedding. Like everyone else I am fairly concerned. I want to believe that the hairs I see coming out seem somewhat flimsy but there are short ones and long ones so I'm not sure.

Can it be from getting back on propecia and can it happen this quick from it or is it most defintely the Nioxin?? Should I ride out the shed and continue using the Nioxin treatment everyday or should I drop it and just continue with the propecia?

Ando

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but from what I've heard Nioxin isn't really very effective. It didn't work for me very well when I was on it for several months.