Suffering Hair Loss & have early stage Menopause .. help!

greekhead

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am experiencing some hair loss whilst going through early stage menopause. I think its my genes however I'm not sure sure.

What is the best remedy? any tips on a decent shampoo? vitamins? food tips?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am experiencing some hair loss whilst going through early stage menopause. I think its my genes however I'm not sure sure.

What is the best remedy? any tips on a decent shampoo? vitamins? food tips?
Going to a Dermatologist and confirming you're losing your hair is the way to go. Sometimes its stress, hormones or even thyroids.

baldinglioness

Reaction score
Hi!

I just joined the forum today and I too have the exact same problem. I turned 50 in August and just before that my hair started falling out all along my centre part and I started getting
a receding hairline. Terrible! My doctor ran a series of tests including thyroid, testosterone levels, lupus, etc. The only thing he could find is that I was low on zinc so I started that about a
month ago. The other supplements I take on my own (after much research) include Vitex, Vitamin B Complex, Nature's Way brand Hair and Skin Formula (it contains Biotin, Glucosamine,
cayenne, foti, horsetail or silica, rosemary and several other ingredients). I also started taking turmeric and primrose oil and a multivitamin every other day. You have to be careful though
you don't take too much vitamin A because it can contribute to hair loss! Before you try any of these you should probably consult a doctor in case you have some underlying condition.

I was using Rogaine 2% solution for a couple of months with no results so I recently swithched to the 5% solution even though it states it's for men only. Also I use Nizoral Shampoo twice a week
and the rest of the time I shampoo with Avalon Organics Biotin B Complex Shampoo with saw palmetto.

As for your diet make sure you get enough protein. On the Dr. Oz tv show he said eggs and fish are best for hair but all protein sources are beneficial. Crash dieting can make your hair fall
out but for some weird reason so can being overweight (something to do with hormone levels).

Of course genetics play a role and if your relatives, especially your mother suffered from hair loss then there is a good chance you will too. But don't give up! I'm not even though my mother
has had thinning hair for some years as did my grandmother.

As for my own progress it's only been a month since I've been treating my hairloss from the inside and out and I do notice more hair growth along my hairline. However I think along my part it
may have gotten worse. I'm still going to continue with the herbs, vitamins, Rogaine, and shampoos because you have to be patient and persistent when it comes to women's hairloss. If all
else fails after a couple of months my doctor my prescribe a drug called spironolactone that specifically treats female balding.

I hope some of these recomendations will help you! Good luck!!! Most of all I should point out that some hairloss is temporary in women, unlike in men, due to shifting hormones...so don't panic!