Suggestions for conditioner (dry Hair)

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what the benevolent Cassin had suggested to me, I have not bought it yet, planning on getting it this weekend, but he suggested TIGI moisture maniac.

Cassin

Reaction score
Only buy it at salons, you can get a 2 1/2 liter bottles of the shampoo conditioner combo pack for about $20. If you buy it anywhere else you will get ripped off. I use it twice a week. Wonderful stuff.

TIGI products are incredible and easy on the wallet, as long as you get them at salons in bulk. My girlfriend and I use many of their products. Our shower lookss like a TIGI ad. :)

Getting there

Reaction score
I use a spray-in conditioner 1 hour after applying the minoxidil to the scalp. I can brush it through and style with a gum or wax. This looses the dry frizzy look.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
My favorite conditioners are:

Nioxin Scalp Therapy
&
Biolage Conditioning Balm

Be sure to use a good quality shampoo on your off Niozral days.

My favorites......Nexxus Diametress, Biolage Hydrating Shampoo

The Gardener

Reaction score
Personally, I like the Infusium 23 conditioner.

You know, conditioners are tough to call. I too have very dry hair, but when I used some 'moisturizing' conditioners, they made my hair kind of curly and some of them made my hair feel even drier. I learned through process of experimentation and elimination that my hair shafts do not respond well to buildup, which a lot of moisturizing conditioners can sometimes leave. I actually discovered this when I described my situation to my hairstylist, and he suggested using an occasional buildup remover, and a lighter conditioner.

Well, the buildup remover worked fantastically! But, beyond that point, despite the fact that my hair is naturally somewhat dry, the lighter Infusium conditoner works extremely well for my hair. (and thanks to Cassin for that recommendation! Even though he may not use it anymore and may have found a conditioner that works better for him, when he suggested I give it a try, I fell in love with it.) My point being that finding the 'right' conditioner is often times a matter of experimenting with several before finding one that works really well for your hair type in particular. Broad labels such as moisturizing or thickening or 'light conditioning' do not necessarily mean they will address your perception of what you think you need as a conditioner.

The products all referred here by the previous posters are all outstanding, but you may have to do some hunting and experimenting on your own until you find one you really like.