Suggestions?

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been shaving my head now for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to grow it back some day if it recovers. I'm probably a Norwood 3V at age 23 now. I've lost all the hair on one side in the front but the other side is fairly good but thin. I think Propecia caused this, as my shed on the stuff has been really, really bad and I'm still shedding. I'm wondering if what I'm using to shave would cause a problem with regrowth. I'm using a shaving cream that has stuff to keep ingrown hairs from getting infected and my after shave is also antibiotic. You can look at my regimen link for what I'm using in general aside from those. I haven't been using the laser comb since I shaved but probably will be using it again shortly. It's good for healing, and shaving is a bit hard on the skin.

Do you think shaving would affect my hair's regrowth, if it does regrow? Where do you order emu oil/cream/gel? I can't find it locally. Is there a good aloe cream that anybody's used and liked? Any shavers here have a routine that's working for you? Thanks!

viperfish

Reaction score
I don't know man but personally that is why I have chose to stay away from propecia. Some users suffer from extreme shedding on the stuff plus all the associated side effects that can or cannot occur. Shaving your head is not causing a problem. Most replies will tell you to stick with your regimen, but I don't really know. Wish I could be more help!

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
how long have you been on your regimen?? Did u start right when your hairloss started?? If i were you i would stick with finasteride and minoxidil because you dont have to worry about sheds if you shave your head. Just give it a year at least....maintinence should be your goal until something better comes along and more is known about hairloss.