Sunnykool's Story - ( I Need Help)

sunnykool

Reaction score
Hi my name is Sunny and i need help. i'm 23 and i've been losing hair snce i was 16. im from melbourne australia. i don't know what to do. ive done advance hair studio when i was 16-17 didnt work do i wait till it all goes or can i treat it and how much would it cost me. and also ive noticed that im not losing hair anymore but just really reeally thinning out. somebody help me..

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 185

sunnykool

Reaction score
Re: HiI'm Sunny and I Need Help

i've been just browsing around and it seems as if people are reluctant to use finasteride? and also where can i obtain more about treating this. it would be great if somone could point me in the right direction

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score

wow...sometimes I am looking with so much skepticism at your ideas..."this could definetelly be treated"...wow...and you'll grow all the hair back...it would be nice...if we would have the possibility to treat that so easilly...maybe you can regrow a bit of your hair or just not lose any more...this is what you can do...good luck!

antonio666

Reaction score

andrei speaks the truth if you get lucky you could save your remaining hair and maybe regrow with minoxidil (big maybe)

tania b

Reaction score

Hello!! I hope you don't mind me commenting. I think you loook handsome bald!!! :D. I also hope the treatments work for you! Fingers crossed!!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score

IUbball22 said:
Don't listen to this guy, he's always a d1ck in other threads. Stick to the 3 I mentioned and hope for the best. You may slow down or stop the loss, or even regrow. But you can be at peace that you're doing everything that's clinically proven to work.

o d1ck head...let me tell you what...if there was so simple as you thought this site wouldn't exist anymore...that guy has an aggresive balding...I wouldn't have too much hope instead of him...I am not trying to put him down...I am trying to let him know how the reality is with those treatments that are not making miracles...

ooo but look...you have mentioned the same ideas that I've already told him...stop the hair loss and maybe a bit of regrow...
but ya...iuball22...you're just another moron...

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
why does everyone think that all finasteride does is stop or maintain your current hair???

There are tons of success stories that have shown finasteride regrowing a lot of hair.

Sunny IMO i would get on finasteride and I think you could regrow some hair... but you should do it asap.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tons of success? you know...I was like you some time ago...when I started to take those pills...full of optimism...and guess what? I realised that there just a few guys where this pills are doing miracles...there are not tons...look at this site registered users...and look at how many real success stories are...and then we will talk again...
I am not trying to say things on I don't know what kind of tone...I just wanted to correct you when you said that your situation could definiatelly be treated...like he had just a small diffuse spot on crown...

cuebald

Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to (partly, at least) agree with andrei_eremenko... check out the other stories here on this board, especially CBF's; not to put a downer on this thread but he tried Finasteride and pretty much used the Big 3 by the book, and he lost a large amount of hair...
There is no treatment that GUARANTEES that you'll regrow any hair at all. If there was, well I don't think this forum would be as half as busy as it is.

The fact is, current male pattern baldness treatments can be very hit and miss. Some people have gone from being badly diffused ("bald" in most peoples eyes) to thickening up so much it doesn't look like they ever lost any hair. Check out the success stories board.
Other people, like CBF mentioned above, it's like they never even got on treatments. (People like this probably are destined for NW7 regardless... I know a guy who was NW6 at 18 and I can't imagine him with hair ever)

Sunnykool has aggressive male pattern baldness for a 23 year old, but if he is a good responder I can definitely see him regrowing - maybe not all - but 70-80% of his hair back.

Fact is, diffusers can often respond very well to treatments. Receeders on the other hand, well, I've never really seen a good success story where someone's actually gone down 2 Norwoods - it's always the diffusers in the Success Stories board.

I've been on finasteride for, what, 2 and a half years, and it's done me alright. But made me a NW1 it has not.

I am NW4 @ 24, and the difference between my hair and my (same aged) mate's long haired NW1 is amazing. I have to mess about with Toppik and sprays to just about look respectable at nighttime and he doesn't even think about his hair and it looks great. He can pass for my son easily. f*** this curse.

sunnykool

Reaction score
i dont wanna sound ignorant or annoying... but from what i can c on this forum growing back the hair seems near impossible so what am i suppose to do im searching the forums but to be honest i can't find something that i can relate to. im scheduled for a consultation at ashley and martin and it looks like (again from the forums) that theyre treatments do work but are well over priced again any help would b greatly appreciated.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^There was a topic here about ashley and martin, how they don't really do anything other than offering you overpriced treatments. Your best bet is the 'big 3' or a combination of them, more information here

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to give a perspective: How many guys with success do you think will visit this site? Most people who are here are plagued by continued hair loss problem, while people who got success most likely will have continued on with their lives and stop coming back here. This could be a reason why this site seems to be predominantly occupied by poor responders.

sunnykool

Reaction score
ok what about the success stories...? or maybe u can suggest something... should i ignore all this advice and just say yes to hair loss...?

tania b

Reaction score
I ain't going to sugar coat it for you some of these treatment brings bad side effects. I personally think it ain't worth the trouble. many of us still have hair loss and waiting on a cure.But each of us is different from another hair loss patient.That's why its very hard to cure.personally I never had regrowth and at nine I was totally bald for 13 years and still bald.Doctors even tell me they can cure me but its disappointment after another. But if you want to try treatments go for it but do your research on it .search the internet and ask experts. But a bit of warning there will always be people saying they can cure and conning you to take products. Leaving out the the possible side effects. Take finasteride for example . read this website http://www.propeciahelp.com/ . These products might help make your hair grow. but whether it stays is another thing. If i may say I think you loook handsome without hair. And more and more guys are going for the bald look and its acceptable and they look good with it. As you do. So don't let something as hair loss get you down.... Or I will draw pink flowers on your head with a permanent marker pen!!!!! or put the shiny stickers on your head. forgive this bald lady. I get a head of myself at times.

cuebald

Reaction score
sunnykool have you looked at the success stories forum at all?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewforum.php?f=30

Tania B if I may be so bold as to inquire:

would you go for a bald man? I know most women would go for a bald man if he was taller, more athletic (your stereotypical vin diesel, andre aggesi types) - but would you necessarily go for ones who don't match up to that? (the shorter guys, or the less typically 'masculine')?

I say this because the reason most of us guys hate going bald, is because it makes us look like ugly trolls.
This isn't so bad in the 30+ age range granted - looks aren't that important then,
but us guys in our early 20's might as well have our noses cut off.

I can guess though that you have much more sympathy for our plight having alopecia yourself. I know a girl with Areata and she's had no success in treating that. Most girls I know in my age range treat baldness (and the bald) as a big joke.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
sunnykool have you looked at the success stories forum at all?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewforum.php?f=30

Tania B if I may be so bold as to inquire:

would you go for a bald man? I know most women would go for a bald man if he was taller, more athletic (your stereotypical vin diesel, andre aggesi types) - but would you necessarily go for ones who don't match up to that? (the shorter guys, or the less typically 'masculine')?

I say this because the reason most of us guys hate going bald, is because it makes us look like ugly trolls.
This isn't so bad in the 30+ age range granted - looks aren't that important then,
but us guys in our early 20's might as well have our noses cut off.

I can guess though that you have much more sympathy for our plight having alopecia yourself. I know a girl with Areata and she's had no success in treating that. Most girls I know in my age range treat baldness (and the bald) as a big joke.

the sad true...

tania b

Reaction score
hey cue bald,

Yes i would if i like the guy. I don't judge on appearance but his personality. Even if I didn't have alopecia.I would still date a bald guy.You guys don't give yourselves much credit. You guys are definitely worth any girls time. If girls don't give you their time.its their loss. taller, more athletic (your stereotypical vin diesel, andre aggesi types)??/ don't give me such crap...... i don't care if you were johnny depp or Vin diesal.... shorter or taller. If you treated me right then why wouldn't i go out with ya. Not all girls care about looks ok. And i don't joke about baldness and neither do the girls I know.Its what inside you that matters. And if they fail to seee then their loss.

eriador

Reaction score
Firstly the advertisement sates "FREE CONSULTATION" I went in there knowing that I just wanted to see if I do have a hair problem, what the cost are and whats involved. Before I knew I was told by the doctor that I need to act fast before its too late, that I need to make a payment to start treatment. I was quite overwhelmed to hear about my condition let alone pay the incredible fee. I was analysed financially making me feel that I cant afford their treatments because of my low income. I guess the doctor got annoyed with me, becasue I was hesitant and kept saying "I would like to go away and think about this", he stated and I qoute "why did you come here wasting my time?" I honestly apologised for causing any problems and silly enough offered to pay for his 'free consultation' which was taken out from my direct debit card. I have been very dissappointed with myself and with A&M for making my day feel awkward, uncomfortable and just feeling down ever since.