Superfuzz's story - (21 year old with diffuse hair loss)

Superfuzz

Reaction score
i dont know if this is the right subforum to ask such a question.......... I'm a 21 year old male and i have some questions regarding my hair loss.,but first, heres my story
It started when i was 19 years old.. i had thick black hair and i decided to keep my hair long...
but, when my hair was a little long, it stared to shed... at first i ignored it,relating it to my long hair..but 6 months ago,i had my hair cut and spiked. I got the shock of my life when i saw that my hair was half as dense as before,i still ignored it,thinking that my hair was taking its mature appearance, well it was not,because it got worse... it fell like crazy... so i got my head shaved clean...thinking it would help... i discovered that i had red rashes over my scalp and some acne too. i visited the Doctor and he gave me some antibiotics and creams. that solved the rash problem.

but 2 months ago i noticed that my hair was still falling, and now it is worse than before, it keeps falling for no reason at all, i have a diffused pattern of hair loss.my hair line has started receding,not much, but at the current rate of shed, i'll be eternal sunshine in 2 to 3 years.
ive also noticed that my crown area has thinned a little too.
well... i trolled on this forum for quite some time and i find finasteride the best bet. so today i went to the local pharmacist and bought finast pills .

i need to ask 2 questions
1. is it normal to shedabout 250 to 300 hair in male pattern baldness
2. will the rashes cuase any problems for the treatment

i'll be waiting for some answers,till then,
ciao

Superfuzz

Reaction score
I'm 'bout to reach the four month mark.i have used propecia and nizoral shampoo.i can't say anything about my hair loss because i had my hair buzzed when i started on Propecia.But still, hair fall has somewhat reduced, no side effects. and the hair that fall are shorter and thinner than the other hair on my head. I dont have any base line pics coz i don't have a digicam, but still, i will try to post pictures. finally Thanks to everyone on this forum who have these helpful posts everywhere.
will keep every one updated.
ciao.