Supplement Advice

a hair less

Reaction score
I've been looking into a number of different supplements including Niacin, Biotin, Inositol, and MSM.

Anyone have opinions on essential supplements?

Thanks.

JealousOfMyVellus

Reaction score
Supplemental supplement advice

I would definitely recommend a Turmeric supplement taken a few times a day for inflammation. I've also had good results taking Pumpkin seed oil and Saw Palmetto for their effect on DHT. A basic hair skin nails blend of vitamin/mineral/supplements sold at your local retail store along with zinc & vitamin C. If you're going to use Niacin then buy the unaltered version that causes flushing, and while you experience that flushing sensation massage your scalp as it's an easy way to get that necessary blood flowing where you want it to.

JealousOfMyVellus

Reaction score
In recent years Niacin has been altered by adding inositol to remove the Flush which used to cause your blood vessels to dilate creating a flushing effect to the skin. I don't know how much it helps and it is a rather uncomfortable experience (heat and pins and needles ) , but increased blood flow to the scalp is never a bad thing. I take it at night and apply minoxidil after massaging my flushed scalp.

JealousOfMyVellus

Reaction score
Vitamin World Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000 mg taken 3 times a day starting 3+ hours after taking finasteride
Vitamin World Saw Palmetto 1000 mg taken 3 times a day starting 3+ hours after taking finasteride

I have a huge regiment so it it hard to know how much this has played a part, but I have had major regrowth within the past 2 months since i have started. Sex drive did take a hit though but my goal is to get a full head of hair again then drop back to just using the big three to maintain.

burning

Reaction score
So you are taking Saw Palmetto 1000 mg 3x day plus finasteride?

I've been taking supplements for a few years, including Niacin with the flushing effect and suddenly in the last year my hair starting getting really bad. In the last 2 months my crown has thinned really badly. I have been taking Saw Palmetto 3x a day (450mg).

I am mostly interested in your comment on Turmeric supplement taken a few times a day for inflammation...

Is it common to have inflammation during really bad hair loss? That's what I've been experiencing the last month or so. So I am curious when you say Tumeric, do you mean Curcumin with Resveratrol?

I've been reading a lot about that. And does it matter if it's Tumeric or Curcumin?

I must say, however, that I was taking supplements only for 5 years. In the last 2 months I have added Biotin, trace minerals, nizoral shampoo, saw palmetto and stinging nettle leaf capsules.

I haven't seen any improvement.

I've never taken finasteride or minoxidil.