Sux2beBald's Story (29 /Pics inc, Minox6+, Folligen Lotion)

suxtobebald

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a 29 yr old guy with no family history of male pattern baldness (except for my granddad). Been losing hair for past 6-7 years but never paid attention as i have been very busy with my studies and job. Recently my barber pointed out that i had a bald spot it was embarrasing :( anyway then i thought of doing something about it, got in touch with Dr Lee (Via Email) who prescribed minoxidil 6+. I have been using that and Folligen lotion for a week now. Also use Nizoral 2-3 times a week. Got a Buzz cut last week as I wanted to know how bad my hairloss and it loosk really bad..Glad I ordered Nanogen before getting the haircut. *Shew* :)

Is my hair loss recoverable/curable? Getting married next year (Nov-Dec) woudl lve to thicken up my crown before my wedding.

Could somebody pleasetell me what norwood am i ?

p.s: these pics were taken after putting minoxidil on.

Ciao, :punk:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 188
  • front.png
    front.png
    588.2 KB · Views: 197

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Looks like a NW2 or so to me.

I think you can probably have some success. Get on finasteride as well!

Don'tlet up on the minoxidil use, you'll probably see regrowth as long as you stay consistent over a few months

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your minoxidil contain 1mg per 1ml so no point in adding oral finasteride aswell. If i was you id change the minox6+ to a plain 5% and use oral finasteride instead as it whould be alot easier to get finasteride without skipping days wich can happend with topical finasteride.

Lets hope your stuff wont get affected by the finasteride, how sucky whouldent that be on your wedding night? :hump:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss is almost identical to yours and like you it happened slowly over 6 years. I think losing your hair slowly is worst because you never see a sudden big loss which then makes you take action.

I've been on minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral for 5 months now. I haven't lost any more hair but it doesnt look like I've grown any either. Who knows if the medication is working because the hair loss is so slow.
Minoxidil can be annoying on hairloss like ours because you have to apply it all over, it's not the best look.

I'm gonna give the minoxidil another 7 months and if I don't see any significant regrowth I'll drop it and just carry on with finasteride.

suxtobebald

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

TheGrayMan2001, cheers man, I am glad that I am still a NW2 hopefully minoxidil can help me grow some hair. As MrBastard said minoxidil 6+ has finasteride in it. I apply it twice daily.

"Lets hope your stuff wont get affected by the finasteride, how sucky whouldent that be on your wedding night"

MrBastard, yea thats why i went for topical finasteride as Dr Lee said that chances of getting sides are less with topical finasteride? I will try this for 6-7 months and if it doesnt work out then will go with oral finasteride.

Reckless, totally agree with you man, I never paid attentino to it because it was slow and i was losing more hair from the crown area which usually you cant see yourself. Plus, none of my freinds or family told me that my crown was thinning otherwise i would have done something about it earlier.
Good luck with your regime man. Let me knowhow you go. You can also try Folligen lotion/Spray i have heard some people have had success with it.!