Swanson brand Apple Polyphenols

G

Swanson Ultra Maximum Strength Apple Polyphenols

SWU301_Lg.jpg

SWU301_sf.jpg

Is anybody using these type of Apple Polyphenols? This is actually more expensive than the ApplePoly.com pills if you account for the milligrams but these Swanson ones would seem to be a cheap way to mix these into some sort of topical, with essential oils perhaps?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm...you might be on to something, thats not a bad price. Any one know how to make a topical out of the pills? can you just smash it up and and it to some alcohol or emu oil or something or is it a lot more complicated than that?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about taking them orally? of much benefit and how much would need to be taken? :shock:

G

JDW said:
How about taking them orally? of much benefit and how much would need to be taken? :shock:

Well if you're going to take them internally the applypoly.com ones are actually cheaper per milligram. Though if you wanted to add some of these to a topical of some sorts, than it might last a lot longer so the Swanson ones are at least cheaper overall in price even if it's more expensive per milligram.

CCS

Reaction score
Re:

cmudave said:
hmm...you might be on to something, thats not a bad price. Any one know how to make a topical out of the pills? can you just smash it up and and it to some alcohol or emu oil or something or is it a lot more complicated than that?

They are water soluble. Use distilled water, some everclear, and some glycerine. Something acidic will help preserve them. Maybe even a little white vinegar though it would stink. Azelaic acid for me.

Do 2 grams per 100mL. Not sure what 2 grams is. Maybe 1/2 tea spoon. Or if that stuff is fluffy enough, maybe even 1 flat tea spoon.

It is cheaper if you get bulk powder. Not sure how long the bulk powder stays fresh though once opened.

I been avoiding topicals, but might do this stuff at 0.5% with my other active ingredients. I really think the azelaic acid is good though, not only for 5ar1, but as a preservative for spironolactone. You really don't need high percentages with this stuff. 5% tops, but I prefer a combo of stuff at 1% each.

CCS

Reaction score
jessicasteven said:
I've been using this since last year but nothing working.

need to find the apple poly study again and see what vehicle they used. Also, the study used pure procyanidins B2, B3, and C1. Applepoly has these in it, but is a mix of many things. So 5% apple poly homemade is maybe like 0.5% of the stuff from the site. I'm not paying $80 for something experimental, but I don't mind adding a pinch to my other stuff to just for extra hope.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't even know if the topical applepoly from the site is just apple polyphenols, or if it is the pure B2, B3 and C1 used in the studies.

It is like making a study with topical finasteride, and then finding a natural plant that has trace amounts of finasteride in it and putting that on your head as a topical for sale.