Sweethairbro's Story - ( 18 /really confused)

sweethairbro

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm 18 years old. I've noticed that in the past year, my hairline has started to recede. In the last 6 or so months, it's gotten pretty noticeable, especially in harsh light, to the point where it's really frustrating me. I have a little bit of hair missing in the vertex area, but nothing that's noticeable. However, on the rest of my head, I've started to thin pretty noticeably. I'm kinda scared because I'm off to college next year, and the change my hair has gone through over the last year has been extremely drastic. My biggest concern is my receding hairline, because all though my hair has gotten thinner, nothing is significant, where as my hairline has gone back quite a bit. I used to have thick full hair, and just in time for the prime of my life, it's leaving me.

I've been using Nizoral for 2 months now and I really like it. I would be willing to give finasteride a try, but it's so expensive, and there are so many expenses I have right now that are more of a priority. What can I do to fix my receding hairline? I've heard that nothing is specifically geared to fix it. Sorry for being wordy, but I feel like I'm aging prematurely.

If it helps, my father is bald, and so was his father. My dad started balding at around my age.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
The Big Three would really help you at your age which includes finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral. Nizoral alone won't help. All three are quite expensive, so I understand how hard it may be for you now. If you post some pictures it would really help, we may find out a lot more then.

Reaction score
I'll say that minoxidil is very expensive. However, Nizoral and finasteride are inexpensive if you're buying from the right supplier.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
SydneyLosstarot said:
I'll say that minoxidil is very expensive.

I actually think that minoxidil is inexpensive. I get a 3 month supply for $40...thats like $13 a month.
In fact, it usually lasts me 4 months, so its more like $10 a month.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
flamingpie said:
SydneyLosstarot said:
I'll say that minoxidil is very expensive.

I actually think that minoxidil is inexpensive. I get a 3 month supply for $40...thats like $13 a month.
In fact, it usually lasts me 4 months, so its more like $10 a month.

Actually I just got a 1 year supply(12 bottles) of kirkland 5% minoxidil for $30 on ebay. The price keeps on going down on the stuff.

sweethairbro

Reaction score
Being that it is the least expensive, would it make sense for me to start minoxidil application? My main concern as I said is the receding hairline, everything else is tolerable.

Nene

Reaction score
I wouldn't rush into finasteride, especially at your age. First try the minoxidil for a while, if that doesn't work after a year or so, get on the finasteride. minoxidil is pretty cheap on Amazon.com or Costco unless you go with the foam.