Switch from finasteride to dutasteride; Blood test in UK?

abutton

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 23, male, UK.

I've been on finasteride for around two years, but decided to switch to dutasteride last week.

Since then, it seems as if my hairline has become much thinner, receding more into a widow's peak. I'm worried the dutagen I switched to (bought from inhousepharmacy) might be fake/weak. However I'm also aware that I could be being paranoid and that the finasteride would probably still be in affect in my system from a week earlier.

Anyway. I'm in the UK and want to know how I can check if my dutagen is legit;

Firstly - how do I go about getting a bloodtest to check my DHT/testosterone levels; what do I say to my GP? I've been previously regarding male pattern baldness aged 18 and he dismissed me, told me to 'get over it... it happens to everyone' (etc.) however I've a new, younger GP I'm hopeful will be more receptive.

Secondly - how long do I need to wait for the finasteride to be out of my system, so that the results show the effectiveness of the dutagen?

Any replies would be helpful

bananabus

Reaction score
Bruv, try buying Avodart from Pharmacy2u.co.uk They can give you a prescription if you don't have one just tell them it's for hair loss. Good deals as well. I get 6 months supply for about 300 squids.

When end I was on finasteride I had sheds every 2 months. Was on it for 15 months. Switched to dutasteride last August and hair peaked around January. Looked really great.

finasteride half life is only a few hours. dutasteride half life Is 5 weeks.

I say say get on REAL dutasteride and stay on it everyday for 24 weeks. Then reduce to every other day after that.

dont use minoxidil but use Nizoral or azelaic acid or topical spironolactone to keep your scalp free from sweat and grease.

its important you take a pic now and another one at week 24. That'll be your answer

abutton

Reaction score
Bruv, try buying Avodart from Pharmacy2u.co.uk They can give you a prescription if you don't have one just tell them it's for hair loss. Good deals as well. I get 6 months supply for about 300 squids.

When end I was on finasteride I had sheds every 2 months. Was on it for 15 months. Switched to dutasteride last August and hair peaked around January. Looked really great.

finasteride half life is only a few hours. dutasteride half life Is 5 weeks.

I say say get on REAL dutasteride and stay on it everyday for 24 weeks. Then reduce to every other day after that.

dont use minoxidil but use Nizoral or azelaic acid or topical spironolactone to keep your scalp free from sweat and grease.

its important you take a pic now and another one at week 24. That'll be your answer

I've already bought a year supply of dutagen from inhouse. Therefore I want to know if what I've received is legit.

On a sidenote, I started using minoxidil recently.