Switched from Propecia to Finax, and noticing shedding!

david1walker

Reaction score
I took Propecia (Merck) for the last 8 years, and it literally stopped the little hair loss that I was having, but it was killing me to continue to pay the higher and higher prices. It was $120 for 3 months when I started, and it was up to $200 when I finally had enough, about 3 months ago.

I did some research and went to www.progressiverx.com and ordered their generic Finax from Dr. Reddy's. These guys seem about as legit as anyone I've ever dealt with, and they say that they sell more Finax than any other drug they carry, and that they haven't had a single issue with it...ever.

Well, I've noticed for the first time in YEARS, that I'm starting to shed. I don't know if it's because of the transition from brand name to generic and this is normal before my body acclamates to the generic form, or if I am paying for a counterfeit product!!!

Needless to say, I don't want to lose what I've held onto over the past many years, and didn't know if anybody can chime in on Progressive Rx's Finax, or my current situation.

I actually talked to Dr. Reddy's and they stated that I should ask them for a Certificate of Authenticity (which they apparently give to whomever they sell to. I asked them for it and they talked to their Distributors, and they said they couldn't provide it.

This made me nervous, so I called several other online sources and NONE of them could provide such a thing from their distributors. Ughhh!

Any help, or advice?

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have gotten fake finasteride. This is the problem with online pharms. Why not just get a prescription for proscar (5mg finasteride) and cut the pills in 4ths? Its much cheaper.

Either that or go to a place like inhousepharmacy.biz ..and order their "finpecia"..a lot of people on this forum use inhouse and i've never seen anyone complain about getting fake stuff. In fact there are people in the success stories section who have exclusively used finasteride from inhouse and gotten great results.