switched to finpecia and stoped taking saw palmetto

SLD

Reaction score
I was taking saw palmetto for a long time " can't remember how long, at least 9 months " and i used to take finasteride 1 mg then i switched to finpecia, started nizoral 2 months ago and even tried minoxidil 5% for a couple of days but i was shedding like my dog :freaked: well the results are i've never lost so much hair in my life i think its from saw palmetto, but most of people say it doesnt work.

Please need opinions..

been on finpecia for 4.5 months, finasteride for 16 months

can it be that the generic propecia that i was taking was crap?
does nizoral do this?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know some people that use Finprecia to say money but find out that it was not the real thing. It's made in India, not Canada or USA. If you want to say money than get Proscair and cut it in fourths. It's made by the same company that makes Propecia, Merck.

SLD

Reaction score
what you say makes sense, so 16 months of paciencie all worth nothing
:evil: damn im pissed off :evil:

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
What was the name of the finasteride you were taking before Finpecia, and where were you buying it from?

misterium

Reaction score
From what I've read, Cipla finasteride is just fine and dandy

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I did a lot of research before I bought Finpecia, and I couldn't find anybody who said it didn't work. I also was a little shaky about buying a drug that was so important from India, but when I did research, I felt better about the companies reputation. I still can't find anything negative about finpecia from a real sorce.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Finpecia is the real thing.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
I took finpecia three months = Side effects
Then took propecia 3 months= Side effects
Now am on proscar in fourths for 1 month= Side effects

Its the real thing from my experience.

SLD

Reaction score
anyway im changing to proscar as soon as i can.
is it possible that nizoral is causing the shedding?

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Cipla are certainly reliable. I've used their Fincar for 3 1/2 months, and I've no doubts about it whatsoever