SWITCHERS: WHEN DOES ROGAINE FOAM STOP SHED?

ditto

Reaction score
Hi Gents,
I recently switched from Rogaine liquid to foam and could anyone from their experience tell me when it will stop shedding and when i can see some real growth?

Thanks & Regards,
Ditto.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
ditto, here the PM I sent to you regarding this topic. Maybe it can help some others who are wondering the same questions.

#1. When you start using rogaine foam how long you experienced the shed?
#2. Are you still shedding? If so, how often and how many hairs?
#3. How long it will take to see some real decent hair regrowth?

Thanks for your help!

well ditto, I will answer your questions to the best of my ability because many of the answers are not so cut and dry.

1. I started using rogaine foam 7 months ago or so. I switched over from the regular liquid minoxidil. I believe I may have noticed slightly elevated levels of shedding but this could be for many reasons. It may have to do with the type of 'seasonal' shedding that some, like me, experience. I always shed but these types of shedding come on stronger then normal. Also, I was only using once per day apps of liquid minoxidil so the addition of 2 applications per day may have enhanced the shedding to some degree.

2. I have been shedding ever since I started loosing 5-6 years ago. However, the hair that has been shed always grows back at the same pace so there is almost never any enhanced visibility of the hair being shed. Some people shed, some don't. Its always dependent on the individual.

3. It depends on what other hairloss treatments you are using. Are you on propecia? Nizoral shampoo? If so, when did you start them? Too many variables to make it an exact science along with your personal biological makeup to say 'this' is when you will experience regrowth. On average though, with all things being equal, 5-8 months would not seem out of the ordinary with possible regrowth coming at 3 months.

Does this help?

Snoogans

Reaction score
im in my 7th week on foam (nothing prior) and my shed has just slowed...

this serious shed started in my 3rd week and got really bad. id say i

probably lost 50% of my hair from the front and top

i saw it as progression, but sh*t man! its hard to ride out!

now im seeing new, dark hairs along my hairline and i can pluck some and

see different densities on the same stand (thicker toward the root).

its sick...

AquaNet

Reaction score
I started on the liquid for 1 month and then the rest of the time with the foam(check my regimen for details) 74 days today and it is hard to tell seeing regrowth cause my hair was all over and didn't look thinning due to the styling I did and my hair was long when I started, 4inch but im seeing terminal hairs on the temples which makes me happy making me think this is happening all over my head but I just can't tell, you know what I mean,..

when do you really start to see changes, im almost at 3 months, 10 days away :D