Switching from finasteride to dutasteride: Best way to avoid a shed?

G

My Dutas is lying before me, so it is time to do the next step. But how? I want to avoid a shed at any cost. I wouldn´t survive that. So what is the best way to avoid shedding when swichting from finasteride to dutasteride? Any suggestions?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
taking it analy has been clinicly proven to shild from a shed

G

if youre going to shed youre going to shed

aryans do shed more so it is a concern but it should be fine.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
if youre going to shed youre going to shed.

Absolutely true jayman-

I took them both together for a couple weeks. I backed off the finpecia by cutting the pill into quarters and took them along with the full dose of dutasteride.

good luck

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
My Dutas is lying before me, so it is time to do the next step. But how? I want to avoid a shed at any cost. I wouldn´t survive that. So what is the best way to avoid shedding when swichting from finasteride to dutasteride? Any suggestions?

First off, lets hope your dutas is legit. Secondly, just go ahead and shed your weak hairs so stronger ones can grow in.

Look at Klink, he had a shed but his hair looks better than ever. In fact, you should hope for a shed.

powersam

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

personally i'd make sure i'm using a topical anti androgenic like spironolactone or fluridil. If the elevated scalp test levels are what causes dutasteride sheds (and thats a big if) then spironolactone or fluridil could help.

rvw629

Reaction score
There is no way to tell if you are going to shed and the only way to really avoid it is not to take the drugs in the first place. If you really can't handle a shed...then I would say don't take the drugs. You don't know if you will shed....but what happens if you do? Then you're stuck.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's a stupid question taug. You'd be as well asking: How do I avoid regrowth when taking dutasteride?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I heard a lot of stories about frontal shedding especially when starting dutasteride.

I eased into it. Taking dutasteride 2x weekly and finasteride 5x weekly for a few months.

I'm up to dutasteride 3x weekly and finasteride 4x weekly now. I'm just going to keep it at that for awhile yet.

No shed for me.