Switching from Proscar to Propecia

G

Is there any problems with this i am switching do to my new doctor not wanting me to take proscar ?

I think it should be ok but i will be going from 1.5mg to 1mg a day that is my only concern.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Why does your new doctor want you to change to propecia when its the same drug? and more expensive

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
1.5 how do you manage that? Anyway tell him to ask some of his collegues, that is what asked my Doctor to do and he called me later telling me he was writing a new script for proscar.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Proscar is not for hair loss although propecia has the same stuff in it(finasteride). The doctor does not want to give you a drug that has 5 times the amount of the request to maintain your hair. Which is why your new doctor is doing this. Tell him that you use Proscar because it's cheaper and you dont over dose on the pill. A lot of doctors dont know much about Propecia which is why you go to a skin doctor.

G

umm

Here is what he said

“ I am not comfortable giving you a drug and having you cut it because when you cut a pill there is no way to know what dosage of the drug you are getting, you should get 1mg a day no more no less and when you cut the pill there is way of knowing how much you are getting a dayâ€

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
which you say -

"I have researched, and the risks associated are acceptable to me - the possible side effects are not detrimental regardless".

G

i did but he said why take something that wont work if the dosse was not right, trust me i tryed:)