Switching to dutasteride

G

I've been on Propecia for a year, and I've got generic dutasteride coming in the mail due to Propecia's ineffectiveness. Should I wait for any period of time after terminating the use of Propecia before I start dutasteride? Any input appreciated.

Why me?

Reaction score
Yo bro I asked the same question today but only got 1 reply and like 35 views reply, I wish dutasteride users would help us out with our questions.

Why me?

Reaction score
Why?

I know there are some kats on this forum that are on it or have been on it that can give us some input from THEIR personal experinces

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
I take dutasteride once every three days and 1 mg finasteride on my off-dutasteride days.

Only been doing this since October or so. No drastic sheds or anything significant to report since then.

G

Well dutasteride is not approved for male pattern baldness for a start. It's more poweful than Propecia so I guess there could be more sides. I don't think I would take something that is not approved.

Why me?

Reaction score
Thank you Slartibartfast

And traxdata i am not happy witht he results of propecia I have been on it for 3 yrs and feel/see my hair is still thinning.
i have tried everything while still on propecia including
-rogaine 5%
-i hate to admit it but even AVACOR for 1 year
-propecia shampoo
-laser comb

now i feel i need to start up something new and dutasteride seems to be my last hope beofre I REALLY look into a hair transplant.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well if you are on dutasteride please be sure to post your results and side effects !!

monthly would be good but if you dont have time for that like every couple months or so with pictures! :D Im on Propecia right now on month 5 but if this doesnt work or have the results that i would like to see by year 1 i think i might give dutasteride. a try.