Sypel's Story - (21/ with PICS!!)

Sypel11

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need some help atm im experiencing hairloss at my temple region,

i go to uni and cant afford anything over 50$ a month so im thinking about going on

Avodart (Dutasteride)

Is this a good idea?

here are some pictures:

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

cuebald

Reaction score
I'd maybe wait 6 months before hopping on meds. Looks like some miniaturisation there but it might just be a mature hairline coming in.

Sypel11

Reaction score
Update:

Well since my last post, I have been to the doctors,

He Said, That i shouldnt worry about my hairloss, And that my scalp looks healthy,

He also started going on about how we lose 200 hairs daily and that sometimes

He explained it as a metaphor

" If a war happens, at the end of the war, lots of people have died, and it will take even longer for them to reproduce, and get back to itself again"

Something along the lines of that,

Well here is an update of pics: In my opinion it still looks tghe same as my last ones:

And btw ive cut my hair short since i last took pictures

Top2.jpg

Top.jpg

Side.jpg

OtherSide.jpg

Front.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys, More opinions needed please, Should i see another doctor?

This is my family GP and has been my doctor for over 15 years, I just felt so embarrassed, all i wanted was a prescription and i didnt get one, instead got a 30min lecture, telling me all about the treatments and everything ,

in the end he said if you are worried just get over the counter Rogaine, but he said all rogaine does is make your hair look thick by making it curly he said thats why that dont call it "Regaine" because it doesnt regrow your hair

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
lol Your doctor sounds like he wants to be Dr.Suess and have a play with words. Your hair looks great to me; no signs of balding. You should take picture every month and keep track. You're the better judge than we are so good luck.

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
those temples look like recession

f*** your doctor, finasteride is not narcotic he should give it to you if asked

find a new/better doctor

can't believe the f*****g nerve of some of these GP's

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
A little bit of recession is normal for a lot of guys.

It doesn't mean you're gonna go bald.

Most people here are f*****g OBSESSED with propecia (and never seem to mention how potentially dangerous it can be).

But I think the main point should be LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR AND NOT SOME PARANOID STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET.

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
nope. doctors dont care at all about objective aesthetic issues. they always prioritize health even for things like finasteride which have super exaggerated side effects

the lost social standing and attraction takes a physical and mental toll 100000x worse than any unlikely, TEMPORARY side effects

edit : ok, a little extreme, but still, temporary. and you can never start meds too early [post-puberty]

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Rutt, doctors are wrong and you're right.

People who suffer from permanent side effects from finasteride are all lying.

Stop being retarded ffs.

beraldy

Reaction score
Sypel11 said:
in the end he said if you are worried just get over the counter Rogaine, but he said all rogaine does is make your hair look thick by making it curly he said thats why that dont call it "Regaine" because it doesnt regrow your hair

Sorry but your doctor is a liar and/or totally ignorant, maybe not about your hair loss but about Rogaine for sure.

1. It doesn't "make your hair curly." He seems to have it confused for some sort of hair styling product you buy at a salon.

2. They DO call it Regaine... That's the product name in Europe.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom1985 said:
A little bit of recession is normal for a lot of guys.

It doesn't mean you're gonna go bald.

Most people here are f****ing OBSESSED with propecia (and never seem to mention how potentially dangerous it can be).

But I think the main point should be LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR AND NOT SOME PARANOID STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET.

Yeah listen to the guy who says rogaine mechanism of action is that it makes the hair curlier and therefore appear thicker. Having a degree in medicine doesn't instantly mean you acquire that knowledge to every question and problem in the field. There is a lot of very average doctors out there, and providing you have the money almost anyone can become one, so I don't see the logic behind taking every they say as gospel.

Propecia halts hairloss, what a surprise that people on a hair loss forum advocate it! It's like we're in some weird alternate world where people use the best treatments possible for their condition.
Crazy man!

I'd suggest getting a second opinion and hoping you encounter someone in the medical profession who actually knows what they are talking about, unlike the quack you hit first up. Might be a little strange, but if you have a transplant clinic nearby the doctor's there can be really helpful. They know what they are looking for and they are professions in the field. They'll be able to tell you whether or not you need to start taking propecia.

Personally, I think you are starting to bald and I would start using propecia and nizoral, but that's your decision and you ultimately need to make that yourself.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh look another person ignoring the very real dangers of Propecia.

That sh*t may work for a lot of people but it can also ruin lives.

If you take it and don't get any side effects, well done. However that doesn't mean that those who do get them are lying or delusional.

For example, I use 5% minoxodil and have never had a shed. BUT I can recognise the fact that a lot of people who use it get horrendous sheds, bloating and other bad side effects from it. I don't just go around denying that min can be harmful.

I don't understand the people here who deny that propecia is dangerous just because they haven't had side-effects themselves.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom1985 said:

If you take it and don't get any side effects, well done. However that doesn't mean that those who do get them are lying or delusional.

For example, I use 5% minoxodil and have never had a shed. BUT I can recognise the fact that a lot of people who use it get horrendous sheds, bloating and other bad side effects from it. I don't just go around denying that min can be harmful.

I don't understand the people here who deny that propecia is dangerous just because they haven't had side-effects themselves.

How am I denying the "dangers" of using propecia? I know 2% of people who use it get sides, I never said otherwise... :S

It's funny how you strongly you advocate following a doctor's advice, but then completely construct your own set of rules for propecia and it's side effects. 99.9% of doctors would say propecia has side effects for only 2% of its users and its effects are only temporary (because that is what has been proven, the rest is just anecdotal).
Since we are taking doctors' words as gospel, here is a sample of what Dr.Rassman thinks about finasteride;

"Many of my patients have been taking Propecia for over a decade without side effects. I have yet to meet a person in my practice who complains of permanent side effects associated with Propecia after they stopped the drug. The few that do have side effects at all elect to stop taking the medication and the side effects have subsided as their hair tumbles to the ground. But that is just my humble experience."

But yes Tom, doctors are wrong and you are right.
;)

Sypel11

Reaction score
Well been a couple of months id say my hair looks kind of the same as in the pictures

will be taking pictures soon

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom1985 said:

nobody denied that it has side effects. it was just recommended, as it always is, as the most reliable + relatively 'understood' anti androgen on the market. that you have some beef with people shooting it out there as an idea is your own problem and not anybody else's.

cuebald

Reaction score
If your hair is the same now as it was in the 6 month ago pics then you don't need meds :)