T/Gel everyday maybe not a good idea?? Hmmmm...

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What up Fellas,

Well, I had been using T/Gel for some time now and was shedding quite a bit. I noticed that my scalp would dry out and so would my hair. I decided to drop the T/Gel and continue with the Nizoral at the most 3 times a week. Well, the shedding has slowed down. Im not sure if that was the part of the problem, but Im starting to wonder that if we use harsh products like those everyday we may actually be causing more harm then good. Then again, I could just have a very sensitive scalp.

OUT!
Tony Montana

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Taking T/Gel out of my regimen has actually improved scalp condition. Not to mention coal tar is carcinogenic.

avri

hopewas

Reaction score
all i can say is thank god for t gel. i don't know how bad my flaking would be without it due to applying minoxidil

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
avri said:
Talking T/Gel out of my regimen has actually improved scalp condition. Not to mention coal tar is carcinogenic.

avri

I see you're on Head & Shoulder (Selenium Sulfide)

I just did googled it, and found this:
What side effects can this medication cause?
Although side effects from selenium sulfide are not common, they can occur. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

oiliness or dryness of hair and scalp
hair loss
hair discoloration
If you experience either of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

scalp irritation
skin irritation

I take it you're not seeing any of these symptoms?

And coal tar is a carcinogen??? That's scary...

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not seeing any of these sides from Selenium 1%. Keep in mind Nizoral has the same reported sides, but if you don't overuse it, they're pretty rare or negligible.

avri

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
all i can say is thank god for t gel. i don't know how bad my flaking would be without it due to applying minoxidil

I completely agree. I was pretty skeptic at first but it's really the only thing that helps my dandruff.

drinkrum

Reaction score
brasileirao said:
What up Fellas,

Well, I had been using T/Gel for some time now and was shedding quite a bit. I noticed that my scalp would dry out and so would my hair. I decided to drop the T/Gel and continue with the Nizoral at the most 3 times a week. Well, the shedding has slowed down. Im not sure if that was the part of the problem, but Im starting to wonder that if we use harsh products like those everyday we may actually be causing more harm then good. Then again, I could just have a very sensitive scalp.

OUT!
Tony Montana

Actually, T/Gel is a pretty mild shampoo -- hardly a "harsh product".

D.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
brasileirao said:
What up Fellas,

OUT!
Tony Montana

Actually, T/Gel is a pretty mild shampoo -- hardly a "harsh product".

D.

Sorry, waht I meant by harsh is that it leaves your hair so dry and frizzzy. I just with it made it feel soft and nice. Anyways, I guess you all have a good point.

LATER!
Tony Montana