t/gel

norwood_6

Reaction score
anyone like t/gel over t/sal? how about t/gal vs nizoral? and vise versa? the combinations are endless :hairy:

Petchsky

Reaction score
T-Gel and T-Sal are the same thing just named dependent on the country you live in.

nizoral and T-Gel are both great shampoos and i would recommend both. T-gel is good for increasing absorption for topicals, while nizoral has anti androgen properties. I use both at the same time twice a week, but it is down to personal preference at the end of the day...whats best for you.

norwood_6

Reaction score
thanks for not flaming me to oblivion, anywho i was a bit overwhelmed in the shampoo isle debating on witch one to try out. i think im going to step up my game and snag a bottle of nizoral though. right now im running tgel and i like the fact my itching has subsided greatly, howver i suspect adrogens have a hand in my hairloss, even though im thinning out bad on top, i have high libido, viogr, high sex drive ect and i dont know if ill trade in those qualities about myself just to pop a pill, however im am getting more and more desperate for hair

Petchsky

Reaction score
Not everybody suffers from side effects and even if you do, chances are they will only last days or a few weeks. I too was worried about sexual side effects but i still managed to get it up, just took a bit more effort and my jizz was watery, along with slight nut ache...this went away after 5 weeks and i have been back to normal ever since - but if you decide to take, make sure your committed.

Propecia is the best treatment IMO... but there are other options if you are wary of taking it. It is effective at halting further loss in 83% of men that took it in the Merck trails...good chance you may get regrowth too.

P.S Use a conditioner after using Nizoral...dries the hair out otherwise.

norwood_6

Reaction score
thanks bud! what conditioner do you recomend? i dont wanna sit in the isle for another 45 minutes reading back of bottles lol. bad enough i wasnt wearing my hat when i went shampoo shopping, i have to admit i was quite emmbarased :( even more emmbarased when i go to barber to get my hair touched up/edged along the sides

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
T-Gel and T-Sal are the same thing just named dependent on the country you live in.

Just to clear that up a bit :) Here in the USA we have both and they're different.

T/gel has coal tar as the active ingredient
T/Sal has Salacylic Acid as the active ingredient

norwood_6

Reaction score
we have both too

, i was holding both bottles in my hands comparing the two, however since ive never used either of them i went for tgel as ive read here that its milder.

Petchsky

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Petchsky said:

Just to clear that up a bit :) Here in the USA we have both and they're different.

T/gel has coal tar as the active ingredient
T/Sal has Salacylic Acid as the active ingredient

Thanks for the correction. I'll remember that now. Safe. :)