Tadghs Story - (31)

tadgh78

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a 31 yo Irish male who started losing his hair about 11 years ago now with most of the lose happening rapidly in the first 1-2 years followed by slower steadier lose ever since.

Apart from initial alarm at the rapid lose I was experiencing in my early twenties I pretty much accepted and ignored the shedding as being just another of life many less appealing but unalterable facts. Recently however, (in the last year) the lose is reaching the point (basline?) where it is becoming noticeable at a distance and I feel it's time to do something about it, assuming it's not already too late.

At the moment I'm about a 2.5 with diffuse thinning over most of the crown area but no noticeable horseshoe yet, at least that I've noticed. I usually keep my hair about 3 inches long on the top which would make a horseshoe more difficult to spot anyway...

I'm currently on a solution of 15% minoxidil with 5% Azelaic acid and washing with nizroal once or twice a week and with a copper peptide shampoo called MiN on the other days.

Min shampoo contians the following;
Key Ingredients:
• Biotin
• Zinc Sulfate
• Saw Palmetto
• Procapil
• Copper Peptide Y3
http://www.minnewyork.com/Clean/All/Was ... -Size.html

As for supplements, I'm on quite a lot of anti-inflammatories, anti-oxidants, and vitamins (not all of them are for hair lose).

Resveritrol 50mg
Quercein 100mg
Grape seed extract 300mg
Turmeric 720mg X 2
Ginko Biloba 120mg
Dosimin95
Co-Q-10 100mg
Lutein and zeaxanthin (for eyes)
Vitamins A, C, D, E, B2, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese
Alpha limpoic acid 200mg+ L-Carnitine 500mg
Bioperine (black pepper extract) 5mg

I'm currently thinking of taking a Saw Palmetto supplement as I tried to order Propecia but got a letter from customs telling me that it was it was in breach of regulations to import prescription meds into Ireland without a prescription and that they will be in touch! :whistle:

Anyway, assuming I don't get thrown in jail for a lengthy term, experience serious side-effects or drop dead (;)), I intend to continue taking that lot for the forseeable future. I've been on this regimen for about a year now and apart from an initial shed and regrowth I haven't seen any dramatic changes in my hair in that time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my program or how I could improve on it? I'd particularly be interested if anyone knows how I might get propecia in Ireland? I asked my GP over a year ago and he said it was better to stick to something topical...