Tagamet is anti-androgen

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cimetidine/Tagamet:
You may be surprised to know that the Tagamet pills that you can buy in the supermarket have been studied as a possible benefit or treatment for pattern baldness. If cimetidine (sold as Tagamet) is taken multiple times throughout the day, it works like an anti-androgen by preventing the androgens from linking to their receptors.

In one study done in 1987, ten women with moderate to severe female pattern baldness took 300 milligrams of cimetidine 5 times daily (just above the average dosage prescribed for ulcer patients) for 5 months. Seven of the ten patients showed regrowth, with no side effects reported. Even though the results of the study are interesting, cimetidine/Tagamet is not an approved drug for treating baldness, therefore it is not advised that you take cimetidine unless you have been evaluated or are under medical supervision.

Old Baldy

Reaction score

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to tell this board about this my self. My doctor has put me on it.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
MEN HAVE MORE HORMONE RECEPTORS THEN WOMEN.That's why we will need a higher dose of this even alongwith finasteride.So my advice to you all is forget about it.
Would be a totally different story when it is used topically but then we have S5 cream for that.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
... yet S5 cream seems to be totally inefficient to many of us. This seems interesting. Didn't anyone try this, like ever?