TAINTED-MEAT's story - (age 20, Norwood 2.5, update)

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
i started to notice my hair thinning at 16. Right when i noticed it, I started taking hair supplements that "claimed" to stop hair loss and regrow hair. Well i kept taking these supplements and now i'm 20 and I'd say i've probably got a Norwood 2.5, maybe a 3 on the right side. I just started on propecia about a month ago and i've been on minoxidil for about a year. I hope to get my hairline back to a Norwood 2 but i'll be happy if it just maintains. So far i've noticed my hair is still falling out but i'm not too worried because it says propecia takes at least 3 months for you to notice a difference so hopefully I'll notice one here in the next 6 months or so.

A funny note, my receding hairline didn't really bother me too much until probably about the last 2 months or so. I used to do one hell of a combover, but for some reason, my hair decided to get curly and everytime i tried to do my combover, my hair would just curl, revealing my hairline lol. All of a sudden, i noticed how far back my hairline had gotten.

Word of advice, get the goods when it comes to medication. Don't piddle around with supplements that say they work, get the stuff that is proven to work, such as propecia, i wish i would have started it a lot sooner but oh well that's how it goes.

I'll track my progress with a digital camera see if any improvements are made or if there is just more receding.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been on Propecia for 2.5 months and I've decided to jump ship and move onto the more powerful DHT inhibitor, Avodart. I didn't notice any results yet with Propecia, but I also know that it takes longer than I gave it.
I know that my male pattern baldness is very aggressive and I decided to throw the book at hairloss. It also costs me the same as Propecia did, just $10/month from the hospital pharmacy.

I popped my first pill today and I'm also using Nizoral 1%, minoxidil 5%, and I'm adding American Crew daily conditioner tomorrow. (Is this the one with copper peptides or is it the American Crew revitalize shampoo and conditioner?)

I'm going to add pictures in a week or two once my brother brings the digital camera.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks jayman

G

just checked the website and beaner was correct, yes.

the revitalize line with the shampoo and conditioner has both the copper and the saw palmetto. the regular line has a bunch of herbal stuff. so i'd go with the revitalize if you want the best chance of receiving a benefit from american crew products.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: TAINTED-MEAT's story - (update)

I have finally posted pictures of my hair. These were taken tonight. I do not have pictures from when I started. Read my regimen to see how long I have been on the various treatments. I am 21 years old. I would say I have maintained, maybe lost a tiny bit from the hairline from when I started treatments. Feel free to ask questions or post comments.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,680
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 3,807
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1,671

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: TAINTED-MEAT's story - (update)

crown is good, temples receeded a little, hope treatments will help you improve your hair.