Taking finasteride (Propecia) twice per day

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
I have been taking 1/8th a pill of 5mg finasteride twice a day, once in morning and once at night. So this is roughley .625mg per dose or 1.25 per day. I started doing this because i read that finasteride has a relatively short half life, 6 hours i think. Has anyone else tried this, if so, with what success. I just hit the 4 month mark now so i can't really telll either way. Thanks guys. :lol:

Axon

Reaction score
I've heard this is a good way to do things. Can't say from experience, though.

JWM

Reaction score
Axon, what the hell is your avatar? That might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Can you explain it for me?

Axon

Reaction score
Sure. A fat woman fell down the staircase to the basement at a convienence store.

bluenun

Reaction score
That avatar is a bit of film from "You've been framed" on ITV.

It is behind the bar in a Public house and the cellar door is open. She has just taken some money for a drink and is turning round to use the till, ouch!

Axon

Reaction score
bluenun said:
That avatar is a bit of film from "You've been framed" on ITV.

It is behind the bar in a Public house and the cellar door is open. She has just taken some money for a drink and is turning round to use the till, ouch!

That clarifies that. :)

What's a till?

JWM

Reaction score
That avatar never fails to make me laugh out loud every time I see it. Better than Prozac.

I wonder if that lady broke anything.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
That would make a good anti-alcohol campaign commercial . Don't participate in the destruction of furniture . As far as taking finasteride that idea of taking it twice a day is very good and by golly I'll do that . I've been doing dutasteride topical and finasteride oral and with only a few hot flashes the first day but subsided and now I know my hair is protected from dht . I did have a little bit of itching of the eyes that had me concerned for half a day but that subsided also .

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply kev...you're on topical dutasteride?? Where do u get this or did u just make ur own concoction? Have u tried minoxidil?