taking mnoxidil in pills.Can we do that?

ficki4

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

In my recent visit in the drug store my pharmacist said that there is minoxidil in tablets of 10mg.I don't know how it called in other countries but here it called loniten and there is 100 tablets of 10mg.

I want to ask is ok to take tablets instead of lotions or gels? They do the same work or is better using losion?If we can take pills that we'll be a great help in order to avoind the problems of the lotion.

And one other thing.Does anyone know if 10mg is equal of a lotion of 2% or 5%?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Oral Minoxidil (Loniten) is a prescribed drug specifically for hypertension (high blood pressure), so I doubt any Doctors would recommended its usage for hair regrowth.

Are you on Proscar or Propecia yet?

Slarti

ficki4

Reaction score
No. I use a weird lotion my dermatologist prescribe me,but no propecia.In my country propecia is not available so I quess that i have to buy proscar and do the job.I'm still curious if I can just visit my pharmacist and buy it without prescription.I didnt dare it yet :oops:

I read about loniten afterwards but I was curious to see if there any way to take it in pills like proscar by splitting it. Propably that is not an option.

G

ficki4 said:
Hello everybody.

In my recent visit in the drug store my pharmacist said that there is minoxidil in tablets of 10mg.I don't know how it called in other countries but here it called loniten and there is 100 tablets of 10mg.

I want to ask is ok to take tablets instead of lotions or gels? They do the same work or is better using losion?If we can take pills that we'll be a great help in order to avoind the problems of the lotion.

And one other thing.Does anyone know if 10mg is equal of a lotion of 2% or 5%?

That's how they discovered minoxidil helped hair, people who took it in pill form found there hair was growing. Check out the front pasge of this side a take a look at some of the videos.