Tanaka's Story - (27)

tanaka

Reaction score
Hello,

so this is my story. I am 27 and when I first noticed that I was loosing hair I was 21. I immediately started regaine, propecia and added viviscal after a time. things really worked fine and I think the hairloss stopped or almost did.

Now my situation is a bit different from yours. I am a transsexual. I was born male and since I am 24 I live as a female. Therefore three years ago I started hormone replacement therapy and in consequence my hormone levels now resemble the ones of women.
When starting HRT, I dropped the hairloss meds because to me it was obvious that I would no longer need them. After three months I recognized that again many hair was falling out. So I started finasteride and regaine again but not with great success.

For two years now my hair are constantly thinning. First slowly but it increased, especially since last summer. I tried 0,5mg dutasteride/day for six months in the first half of 2008 but there was no improvement. Maybe the dosage was not high enough.

At the moment I do mesotherapy, a method where the medicine is directly injected in the scalp in regular intervals. It is a mixture of estradiol, dutasteride, biotin, panthotenic acid and zinc.
To support it I use a topical once a day that consists of regaine 2% and estradiol .

Still I loose quite a lot of hair and I feel very sad about it. It feels like life is running through my fingers. So far I can hide tha damage that has been done but if it goes on like this it will just be a matter of months or weeks until the problem gets severe.

I cant understand why the hairloss did not stop when I started hormone replacement therapy. In 99 of 100 cases the hair stop falling out and even recover completely.

I know that some people just have very sensitive hair follicles that are even affected by very small quantities of DHT. But arent these people affected by hairloss very early, around 17 or 18?
As I wrote for me it began with 21, so I figure my follicles are not extremely sensitive.
But why cant I stop the shedding then?

This is all too ironic and sad. I think I have to go to a psycologist, but what can he do? Talk me into accepting it? Sorry I sound quite melancholic but that is the way I feel at the moment.

I am glad there is a place like this, really. Will post better pics soon.

melanie

Attachments

• IMGP1031.jpg
    IMGP1031.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 224

tanaka

Reaction score
Re: tanaka's story

Cassin said:
You are more than welcome on this forum of course but you might also want to have a look at out our sister site

http://www.heralopecia.com

I know it might appear a bit inappropriate to post on this forum.

But genetically my hair and the follicles are male. Regarded from a medical point of view, what happens to them is the same that happens to mens hair.
Therefore I think maybe this forum can give me some help with my problem.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
6 months on dutasteride was not long enough, but in your situation you should go with Propecia or Proscar due to your young age and good chance for success.
It seems alot a people that jumped on the dutasteride bandwagon over the last fews are really not seeing any better results than finasteride has.
Some most likely have even fared worse.
Mesotherapy does not seem to be proven as well.
The hormone replacement treatment could also be causing a shed as your body becomes more accustomed to it.

Actually new pics would really help the board assess your situation.

Good luck!

pfatehi

Reaction score
your hair looks really good in the pic you provided. please provide more detailed pics so we can assess.

how many hairs fall out per day? i heard ~100 / day is not considered hairloss. anybody know if this figure is accurate?