Tantitive19's Story

tantitive19

Reaction score
Guys let me just say it is about time I myself made it on here - -

I'm recently 22 (december), and have been losing it since I was about 16 years old. My father has had the Widow's peak receding hairline since he was 15, and is now 52, same hair. Needless to say, I was never very concerned about what I considered my 5-head. By the time I was 18, people (guys from school that had nothing else to say in the heat of an argument) would make comments about it but I never gave it much concern. I had noticed some thinning in college but never really thought it was too bad, until one night in early December of 08, I was sleeping at a friend from college house in his home town. They were having a house party with a bunch of people I didn't know..Nice kids, so I didn't mind. Around 5 in the morning I'm laying on my stomach about to fall asleep when that girl shows up. You all know her, the one who thinks that men are in control of their balding, or its some look that they are going for or something. Problem this time though, she was looking at the back of my head. What? No Way. Since that I would look in the mirror and notice that the crown was thinning.. "Now entering: Stress City." Couple weeks later I'm home for Xmas break for the family christmas party that my family's been throwing for about 18-19 years now. Started out as a celebration for my early birthday's but now its become a tradition. Once again, people are drinking and its getting late. I'm sitting on the couch and my 6'5 brother is standing behind it. He taps the top of my head and says, "What are you, wearing a yamukeh?" I lost it...Not right then, but I did. Took a mirror to the back of the head and I STILL personally don't believe its THAT bad. However, I started Propecia on 12/30/08 and haven't looked back. I wish I had pictures, but back at school, I don't.

I just wanted to say thank you guys for the success stories, and not letting male pattern baldness get the best of you. I knew that it would get the best of me, so I started Propecia finally. If my calculations are correct (thank you Doctor), this upcoming Tuesday will be my 5th week. After seeing Diehard's 12 Week results, I'm extremely excited. Thinking about starting Nizoral as well. The Dermatologist was very nurturing, told me she has people in her family on the drug and its worked wonders. Considering I'm in such an early stage I think it truly will help me out. I was the class comedian in high school and one of the best looking kids around. Lately, confidence has become a gigantic issue, and I'm in my student teaching semester right now. What better time to start looking good again! for those of you who have had success, has your confidence been boosted severely? That truly is what I'm looking for, I don't want to always have to worrying about what my hair looks like, and really rely on my sense of humor which is what I want people to truly see about me, not the top of my head.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give you the updates when I can

TJ

BaldersHead

Reaction score
Re: Well, Here We Go

Nice story. Did you experience any shedding yet?

I'm to pick up my Proscar prescription in a few hours from wal-mart! I got the prescription 10 days ago, lol. Now I'll probably have the bottle sitting around for a little while.

tantitive19

Reaction score

little bit of shedding, nothing severely out of the ordinary, more breakage than anything (im assuming its breakage cuz there are not roots) but ive heard it does hit people at different times. Also because people lose so many hairs a day anyway, I don't feel like mine is that bad. I'm blonde with light skin, makes my whole situation harder to deal with, and superficially looks worse because of it. can't wait to start seeing results

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

hey tantitive19, have you been experiencing any noticeable side effects from propecia?

tantitive19

Reaction score

thanks guys...a little shedding, nothing out of the ordinary, tomorrow will be the beginning of week 6 by my count..It looks a little thinner, is that a sign of shedding? Denial is a hell of a thing...

I have a question to be entertained by those of you with experience. My temples, or, more specifically the bald areas directly on either side of my widow's peak, have really thin long hairs (the length of the rest of my hair) directly in the center of them..Is this a sign, not of regrowth, but the potential of regrowing more hair in this area. My dermatologist suggested Propecia only for 6 months, and she's a doctor, so I buy it..After looking at some of the Rogaine pictures though, i'm becoming a believer..

What do you guys think about the hair in this area, is this just one lone living follicle, or a sign of things to come? I'm so fuckin pumped, i have such high hopes from this site..Especially since its not one of those phony testimonials from Wade Boggs.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Haha, I wouldn't go on Rogaine just yet; since you've started Propecia, I'd let it take its course for 10-12 months first to see if you respond well.

I made the slight mistake of going on Rogaine first and started Propecia about a month after I stopped Rogaine because I was allergic to propylene glycol; so I replaced Rogaine with Propecia but I don't know if Rogaine was working for me or not. After almost 3 months on Propecia I don't think I've made any gains yet. But it doesn't mean results aren't coming.

I shed thin hairs everyday too, but no huge shed, so I hope my results are coming slowly; I hope because the results are slower to be achieved that they will also be slower to go away.

tantitive19

Reaction score
Well, I'm Back - - Finally

I decided that the longer I sat on the computer, on this site, and read success stories, or failure stories, and compared them to my own, I would be disheartened. So, what I did was step away.

You can go to the top and read that my Propecia started December 31, 2008. It is now September 1st, 21 months later, and I have had TREMENDOUS results from this drug. first of all, no side effects whatsoever, some runny semen occasionally, but that happened before I started, so big deal. I'm a teacher with excellent medical benefits (got the job and completed my first year while on P), and they are actually covering about 80% of it. This means its costing me about 120 a year. I'll f*****g take that.

Now, enough of that filthy language and onto my results.

Sheds every three months for the first year - 15 months I'd say. It did however soften up my hairline quite a bit. My old haircut was almost accentuating my receding hairline rather than masking it (not in the bad way, we all know comb-over carl). However, around month 16 I started noticing much softer, colorful hair growing all over, and the top, which thinned out significantly during the sheds, has come in like a bat out of hell. Listen, is it thicker than hell? Certainly not. Is it a thousand times better than it was before I started, Absolutely. I grow my temples out a little bit more, and kind of go with the messy hair look. The quality in the crown is getting progressively better, and, while almost straw like at times, has really filled in. the newer hairs almost have a clear color and unmanageable feel to them, and are significantly dryer than the surrounding hairs. This all changes with time..

I have had some sensational results, and I have not even hit the two year mark. I had a shed last month, and I said who gives a crap. For those shedding on Propecia, its a sign of GREAT things to come.

Now for a product plug. American Crew FIBER hair gel. Oh my god, the hold is remarkable, and the look is dry. Wet or Thick gels make that hair look thinner than sin. Go for the dry look, that's what gets you those women these days anyway.

I'd rate this drug 10/10, and highly recommend it.

Remember my confidence was a horrendous issue. Please private message me, i'm not Dr. Propecia over here trying to get you to buy my product. I promise, it works, and I'll try to help anyone who is in need of it.

Happy Thickening,

Terry, NJ

tantitive19

Reaction score
bump*

anyone want advice or information about the hair loss issue? almost a year since my last post, almost 3 since my first.