tartan's story - (Thinning & Receding at 35 )

tartan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm 35 and always thought I would have a full head of hair for life judging by my dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noticed i've been receding for the past 3/4 years, but brought it home to when my GF looked at a picture of me in my late twenties and commented on how thick my hair looked.

The photos i've took shocked me, as you obviously can't see this in the mirror...........although i think the flash makes it look worse.

Started on Regaine liquid yesterday evening, trying to work out how to fit it in to my morning regime......can't wait an hour to apply it!!!! So once a day at the moment.......When do you apply it in the morning?

Ordered nizoral from inhousepharmacy...............still waiting.

I guess i'm NW2.........what do you think?

Any advice/comments greatly appreciated.

Good luck to you all!!!!

T.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 223
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 229

tartan

Reaction score
Re: Thinning & Receding at 35 - Topicals to Begin With!!!!

Further photos.

Attachments

• left temple.jpg
    left temple.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 216
  • right temple.jpg
    right temple.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 230

tartan

Reaction score

Top again!!

Attachments

• top again.jpg
    top again.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 216

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

maybe start with nizoral and some finasteride. your hair texture probably covers nicely with minimal regrowth.

Tom28

Reaction score

fromchicago said:
maybe start with nizoral and some finasteride. your hair texture probably covers nicely with minimal regrowth.

do some scalp massage.

tartan

Reaction score

fromchicago said:

Thanks.......but don't want to take oral medication at this stage.

T.

tartan

Reaction score

Tom28 said:
fromchicago said:

do some scalp massage.

I massage in the Regaine..................and shampoo.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Rogaine is fine, and one of the best regrowth agents for hair loss, but it does not tackle DHT which is the main culprit for hairloss. Propecia is the best drug you can take to prevent it or slow it down...if not look into a topical DHT blocker

tartan

Reaction score

Petchsky said:
Rogaine is fine, and one of the best regrowth agents for hair loss, but it does not tackle DHT which is the main culprit for hairloss. Propecia is the best drug you can take to prevent it or slow it down...if not look into a topical DHT blocker

Thanks, didn't realise you got topical DHT blocker.....obviously not done enough reading.........what would you suggest.............Finasgel?

If I used this alone at the moment I suppose there is a chance that I keep the hair I have.

T.