Taylor's Story

tpower1024

Reaction score
Hey guys, my situation is that I'm a young guy (20) and started having frontal hairloss about a 1 1/2 years ago. There's no doubt that it's genetic, my father and brother both started to shed around the same age. But I want to do something about it, and have taken action in doing so. But I seem to be hitting a bump in the road as of late and want to improve my treatment program.

Basically I have been using Minoxidil and Revivogen for the past few months with the addition of nixoral twice a week and MSM & Flax/Borage oil supplements.

I was seeing good results in the form of regrowth (of small "velus?" hairs) but it seems like my overall hairline is still drawing back gradually . . .

Basically I have summer cash now that is burning a hole in my pocket to get some products that might help. I'm thinking about adding s5 lotion and folligen (or some kind of copper peptide product) along with emu oil.

But my main concern is that I will be applying to much products, and can I put them all on at once and in what order is best?

Also, is it prudent to only apply products at night? Or is absolutely necessary to use some during the day also? The reason I ask is because I have medium length hair, and everything that I use (or have used) leaves my hair gross and greasy. Is there a good daytime product that wouldn't have this affect?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

tpower1024

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not going to be trying finasteride anytime soon. I like girls too much, and want to have kids some day. I've been using Revivogin which is suppose to be a DHT inhibitor. But I'm think of replacing the Revivogin with P.r.o.c.e.r.i.n and also adding s5. I'm just not sure in what order to apply these products???

Also want to add a copper peptide product to help turn "peach fuzz" into the real deal.

P.S. - I think revivogen would work well for my hair loss if I kept with it, but it turns my scalp into a brown crocodile every 3 weeks or so.

Additional question - Why can't we write "p.r.o.c.e.r.i.n"?

imgannakeepit

Reaction score
dude ive only been on finasteride for like 20 days now but i have had no sides! When you see how little of the pill you actually take youll think wtf i wont get sides from this and for me i havent.

I am a big boner machine

tpower1024

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, when I said "I want kids some day" I was just being "calloused" in the implication that If I did have bad side effects like impotence.

I will probably end up trying it out in a month or so . . .

What's the deal with this supplier from India they have on this site for finasteride, is the product legitimate? Or would it be better to go get a script for Propecia?

tpower1024

Reaction score
Good deal, I know Merck says that the finasteride is evenly distributed throughout the pill. You or anyone ever notice that this may be untrue?

Also I remember reading in a post by someone that you can send in a description of your situation to a online source and a doctor will review and call in a perscription. But I can't locate it again. Anyone know something about this? I rather not spend a couple hours going in to the derm, but if I should it's not a big deal.

tpower1024

Reaction score
"Regrowth: Do you prescribe Proscar to your patients who want to get on Finasteride but want to save money by quartering Propecia pills?

Dr. Ziering: No, for two reasons: without the protective coating there is the risk of transcutaneous absorption and secondly when the pill is formulated the active ingredient is not evenly distributed throughout the pill. Dividing the pill in quarters does not mean proper dosing. For example, it is possible to be getting 4mg on day 1, 0 on day2 & 3 and then 1mg on day 4."

- http://hairtransplant.regrowth.com/inte ... iering.cfm