tea Tree oil

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not, since I don't have dandruff. But I do use tea tree oil. I doubt it affects hair loss, but it smells good and I already paid for it, so I'm enjoying the smell.

I just bought a 4oz bottle for $20 and use 3 drops in my baby shampoo. Very cheap. Well, I actually put 1/3 cap full in there, and that was WAY too much. It would not all dissolve, and it was WAY to strong. I managed to shake it up and get some of the concentrated stuff out. Now the rest is pretty good. It makes my scalp tingle and smells really good. Just don't get it in your eyes.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah...i just heard it helps battle fungus which usually grows well on our scalp. Since i cannot use nizoral, which also battle fungus, i wanted to try tea tree oil in my shampoo...i also like the smell...sorta like vicks.

Scaramanga

Reaction score
Yeah I use tea tree oil shampoo - would not think it will be as effective as Nizoral in fighting the dandruff. Why don't you try applying some Aloe Vera 5 or 10 minutes after applying the minoxidil? I've used it for years - it quickly cleared up any irritation and dandruff that I used to suffer from with the minoxidil.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TTO is the only thing that got my scalp itch under control. It is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial oil. I only use it twice a week on the weekends. I put 100% on my scalp for 15 minutes then shower.

Things that TTO can do:

Well it obviously can get rid of bacteria and fungus
It dissolves sebum
It kills demodex mites

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use TTO once per week. I use 100% on my forehead & thinning areas and leave on over night...I brush it in with a toothbrush.

It smells very strong, so it's definitely not something you want to do in the AM before going anywhere.

http://www.teatreeking.com has much cheaper TTO than anywhere I've found. $22 for 16oz.

CCS

Reaction score
That is very cheap. I can't believe you put it on your head straight. That would really burn me. Half a cap in my shampoo burnt my scalp, and I don't get irritated by PPG or folligen.

Was the tootbrush a joke? That would hurt without TTO.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, seriously, with a toothbrush, helps to really rub it in. :D
I don't brush the hell out of it, just dip the bristles in TTO & brush it on/in.

It does burn for a little bit. I wait 10 - 15 min, then spread emu oil over the top of it, which really eliminates the burn. I use emu 10 - 15 min after most of my nightly topicals to help with penetration...Plus, it really moisturizes my scalp.

CCS

Reaction score
I just use a few drops of it, rosemary oil, and oregano oil in my baby shampoo. still smells pretty strong, and tingles on my scalp.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It might be the oregano oil causing the tingle. I've read that ingesting straight liquid oregano oil will burn your mouth badly.

It's the one thing I've been considering adding to my shampoo (along with TTO of course).

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good point with the toothbrush Harie. I may do this in the near future as it should get it into the pores better and help move some of that dried sebum out.