tell your success stories with Revivogen?

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anybody using this product around here. Just curious to see if anyone is getting results. Hope its not like nioxin. Thanks
P.S. I'm aware of the studies, just need some testimonials from people on this board.

viperfish

Reaction score
Nioxin is honestly a joke! No studies nothing to back it up.. highly promoted in the hair technician world. Revivogen is a much, much better product that has studies to back it up. I have been on it for around 4.5 months and seeing some good things;slightly thicker hair, shedding down to nothing.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be discouraging, but from what I've seen Revivogen seems about like all the rest of the scientifically backed topical DHT treatments, great on paper but no real world proof. I still think spironolactone is the best I 've seen on paper and I believe it's helping me maintain and really that's about all you can expect from these things.

viperfish

Reaction score
I totally agree it is all about maintaining. However, I have heard many people say that revivogen has helped them out alot, where spironolactone I have trouble finding people who actually claim success with usage. However, lets face it they both suck and who knows how long they will provide benefit. I am really starting to believe that unless your on finasteride your screwed!!!! I got terrible nut pain on it and therefore I am screwed. I really don't think revivogen is really gonna work out that well for me. It is really depressing.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
You should use revivogen AND spironolactone 5%. That's what I would do if the Revivogen didn't bother my scalp so bad.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree in theory, George, but for me it's hard to use more than one topical a day. If you used Revivogen and spironolactone (I'm guessing 5%) how would you do it? Would you really use spironolactone twice a day in that case?
It seems a bit much to apply a topical three times a day, though I do think spironolactone and revivogen would be better.

viperfish

Reaction score
I use Cu peptides too and there is no way I'm gonna start using spironolactone again and therefore be applying three topicals daily..it is not worth it. spironolactone also made my hair look like sh*t after 3 months.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, viper, but you know, after reading posts on this board for the last 2 yrs or so, it seems to me that the treatments that are really working usually do make you shed a good deal at first. At least for a lot of the posters on this board.
I'm sure you realize this, but three months is really too short of a length of time to evaluate a treatment. It's just long enough to get annoyed with it without seeing anything positive.
Some say minoxidil can work in a short of three months, but I'd say at least five should be necessary.

viperfish

Reaction score
Never said I suffered any shedding from spironolactone. I'm referring to the alcohol in the product that destroyed my hair.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Never said I suffered any shedding from spironolactone. I'm referring to the alcohol in the product that destroyed my hair.

2% spironolactone took about 3 months to cause serious irritation for me, but revivogen only took about 3 weeks. I think it was due to tha azlaic acid though.

I think using 5% spironolactone once a day along with the revivogen may be a good thing.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
George,
Does the 5% go on easily or is it a pain???

It depends on how long your hair is. Even if your hair is fairly long it's still not that bad, the only down side is it will make your hair look a little greezy. Works much better is your scalp is damp or you have your hair buzzed like mine.

viperfish

Reaction score
I'm not gonna use spironolactone my regimen is already a pain in the ***! :lol: :lol
George are you still considering fluridil?? I have been hearing many negatives about it in terms of inflammation and irritation that it is reportedly causing in many of its users.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
George are you still considering fluridil?? I have been hearing many negatives about it in terms of inflammation and irritation that it is reportedly causing in many of its users

No way. It's like 90 something % alcohol according to what I've heard. If my scalp couldn't tolerate 2% spironolactone it won't tolerate fluridil either. :(

I don't know what the alcohol content of 2% spironolactone is but it smells like it's pretty high too.