Temple Hair Regrowth/Thickening after 3/mo!

uphillbattle

Reaction score
Temple Hair Regrowth/Thickening after 3/mo (topicals & supps)!

Ello guys I am back to share a progress update. After doing the stupid GOMAD diet where I was drinking a gallon of milk a day, I had noticed my left hairline was totally messed up. I had lost a ton of hair and noticed a corner recession. So after stopping the diet, I have been on a regimen for a while, mostly all topicals and supplements and after 2-3 months this is the progress. The hair on the side is longer and starting to darken and fill in again. I'm still hoping that all of this loss was due to alopecia areata or telogen effluvium, but maybe the milk just messed up my hairline for good, will have to wait another 3 months to find out.

left.jpg
leftafter.JPG

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Could have been the diet. I would check it with a doctor, if it is DHT, you will just LOSE more hair. But it looks like it cand be Telogen Effluvium. I have hair loss right there too and been taking daily muilti vietmin and fish oil pills. I was on a pretty strict diet for 9 months.

uphillbattle

Reaction score
Night
Could have been the diet. I would check it with a doctor, if it is DHT, you will just LOSE more hair. But it looks like it cand be Telogen Effluvium. I have hair loss right there too and been taking daily muilti vietmin and fish oil pills. I was on a pretty strict diet for 9 months.

I had never noticed anything wrong with my hairline prior to starting the milk diet, however I'm planning on waiting it out another 3 months to see if it was Telogen Effluvium or not because maybe I just didn't notice male pattern baldness before. The temple hair looks like it is coming in, but I applied all sorts of topicals and whatnot to that side.

I also think anyone with male pattern baldness should avoid milk as I have read it causes insulin resistance, and the casein protein in milk increases androgens and causes an allergic inflammatory response. This is why people get acne on milk too. I also read from some source milk has precursors to DHT in it.

If your curious here's what I did:
Nizoral 1% once or twice a week

Mainly I did a lot of needling. I noticed after rolling the area for 3ish weeks, my skin felt thicker on that side and the rolling didn't hurt as much anymore.

Right after the rolling I applied different stuff alternating between (or sometimes I mixed one or all of em):
Olive Oil
Hydrogen Peroxide (read somewhere that it heals tissue if it can reach under the skin, but it might also bleach your hair)
Apple Cider Vinegar (burns like hell after the needling) (read somewhere that it might inhibit some sort of PGD2 receptors)
Vitamin E Cream
Aloe Vera gel from the plant
Sometimes lemon juice (also burns)