Terrible shedding after 1 year use

HowDoYouKnow

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The last few weeks I have been shedding badly. At first I thought it was related to me missing out on a dose or two in a week, and combined with a bad flu I had.

Now I'm healthy as a prick and I'm seeing worrying amounts of hair everywhere I lay my eyes. In the shower I can easily lose 200-300 hairs, and it is starting to take the best of me.

Has anyone experienced aggressive shedding during sickness? Or any other explanation to this. Apart from this shed I only had a minor shed upon starting my treatment, but other than that I have had great success. I suspect that I have lost more than 30% of regrowth during the past 2-3 weeks. My baldness has not even been visible after 3 months in, but it's there again and it sucks bad.

I would just want to know what to make of this, I'm feeling bad. Any kind of answer would make me feel better.

If this belongs in the "Shedding" section, my apologies (moderator can move thread then)

Best regards,
HowDoYouKnow

EDIT: I am taking finasteride (5mg cut to 4) by the way.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a second shedding phase, weak hair gets replaced by stronger hairs? For some people it takes 2-5 years to get the best of their treatment. Otherwise you could try to add a topical dht blocker like ketozocanole to your regimen. And minoxidil wouldn't hurt either.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had three very depressing sheds in my 15 months treatmentll

HowDoYouKnow

Reaction score
Hello again,

It seems my shedding has decreased. I have been so busy with other things the last month that I haven't even cared about my hair, and when taking a shower today I am seeing much less hairs around my feet. Hopefully it stays this way, or even better, decreases more.

Best regards

Jeh

Reaction score
Going through a nasty 10-11 month shed myself after some very good results, disconcerting to say the least. Keep us posted if you experience a recovery of your regrowth, or not!

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
I am at the one year mark as of TODAY :) and I have been shedding for the past month. I'm trying to not get too concerned about it.