Terrorism has won over freedom.

CCS

Reaction score
They flew planes into our buildings, and have successfully stripped us of all our rights, privacy, and freedoms. If we lower our guard to get those freedoms back, they will just fly another plane into our buildings. Either way, they win.

I just read an article about a high school kid who decided to pull a prank. He put on a mask, jumped the fence, and took a box into the school bathroom, where he put a blow up sex doll in on of the stalls. He then ran away and was seen by a janitor who reported him. The principle looked at the video and decided to error on the side of caution: maybe there is a bomb in the box. They called in the bomb squad, only to find it was just a prank. Because of the red alert response, and the fact that it is hard to tell a terrorist from a prankster, they decided to charge him with a felony and maybe give him 2-5 years in prison so no one else would commit pranks that burden the anti-terrorist teams.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Terrorism won long time ago, its a deadly combination of liberals and terrorists both basically share the same moral standards regarding human life.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Terrorism won long time ago, its a deadly combination of liberals and terrorists both basically share the same moral standards regarding human life.
kids in glass houses

(yes i used some generalisations but i assert there are some accuracy to this)

liberals:
- non religious
- open minded towards scientific progression
- challenge a conclusion with evidence and reason
- looks left and right for fair and pragmatic solutions

al Qaeda:
- religious
- herp derp
- refer to religion for answer
- deny there is a problem and cries blasphemy for anything but what is in the koran

conservatives:
- religious
- herp derp god doesn't like stem cells..
- refer to relegion for answer
- cries communist like it's a f*****g wolf if a solution lies at all to the left an constantly refers to bible

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
liberals behave exactly like women; they say one thing, but act differently.

Jacob

Reaction score
Would ppl stop lying about the conservatives are against stem cells crap? They are for adult and cord blood etc stem cell research...which has shown more promise than the embryonic. And if everyone would have spent all their time and money on such non-embryonic research...just think how much further along we'd be.

And Liberals non-religious? Those who are not religious may lean more liberal..but there are plenty of "religous" Liberals.

"some generalisations" :woot:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Would ppl stop lying about the conservatives are against stem cells crap? They are for adult and cord blood etc stem cell research...which has shown more promise than the embryonic. And if everyone would have spent all their time and money on such non-embryonic research...just think how much further along we'd be.
no, just factually wrong
ASCs can't do a fraction of what ESCs can, it's just ASCs are used more today

Jacob said:
And Liberals non-religious? Those who are not religious may lean more liberal..but there are plenty of "religous" Liberals.

"some generalisations" :woot:
i suppose it's different in america
European liberals just see religion as simple fallacy

Jacob

Reaction score
If ASC's are used more...I wonder why! And more money and time has been spent on ESC's :shock:

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
If ASC's are used more...I wonder why! And more money and time has been spent on ESC's :shock:
ESCs were discovered in around 2002, trials and FDA approval takes about 10 years
ASCs were discovered in the 60's

that's why

Jacob

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Jacob said:
ESCs were discovered in around 2002, trials and FDA approval takes about 10 years

that's why

WRONG. ESC's were "discovered in 1981. Around 1998 is when they were first messed with from humans. The promises from these ESC's never emerge. Only more problems. Again..had all this money been spent on non-ESC research..we'd be much further along.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
somone uk said:
Jacob said:

that's why

WRONG. ESC's were "discovered in 1981. Around 1998 is when they were first messed with from humans. The promises from these ESC's never emerge. Only more problems. Again..had all this money been spent on non-ESC research..we'd be much further along.
still the first clinical trial for ESCs started in 2009

ASCs are far more limited than ESCs.
ESCs can become (almost)any cell in the human body whereas ASCs can only become a limited number of cells, that is why we are researching ESCs in the first place

when i searched google for "problems" with ESCs i have only managed to find pages written by religious idiots

Jacob

Reaction score
Wrong...wrong...wrong...and wrong.

I don't care when the first clinical trial started for ESC's. That's not when they were discovered, like you claimed. But gee..I wonder why there have been so many delays for such a trial :whistle: And there are still problems.

Well you probably did get one thing right..although I could probably find examples of it not being true. Only religious "idiots"..as you call them(so tolerant of you) talk about the problems with ESC...? It is true that the media etc don't like to talk about them.

Here's a great chart for you: http://www.stemcellresearch.org/facts/CheckTheScore.pdf

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I don't care when the first clinical trial started for ESC's. That's not when they were discovered, like you claimed. But gee..I wonder why there have been so many delays for such a trial :whistle: And there are still problems.
still a 20 year head start, how many ASC treatments could you honestly say were available 20 years ago?
medical science takes a long time, a very long time to develop
do bear in mind ESCs have more ambitious goals, like curing blindness and deafness (i haven't read of ASCs having that potential)
Jacob said:
Well you probably did get one thing right..although I could probably find examples of it not being true. Only religious "idiots"..as you call them(so tolerant of you) talk about the problems with ESC...? It is true that the media etc don't like to talk about them.
i can tolerate the religious, and think they are a bunch of idiots at the same time
when searching papers they usually only talk about the success of stem cell research, not problems

Jacob said:
i went onto the front page of that website and their agenda is far from objectivity
they seem to be ones that want to ban ESC research

ASC still has it's uses, and if an ASC can do the same job it makes more sense to use ASCs because they are easier to harness but ESCs (and ask any practising microbiologist ) have a much larger potential than ASCs

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone here watch alex jones?

powersam

Reaction score
I am not religious, nor am I a conservative (I judge each situation individually based on evidence rather than political affiliation) and I am 100% against embryonic stem cell research and use.

jacoboram126

Reaction score
CCS said:
They flew planes into our buildings, and have successfully stripped us of all our rights, privacy, and freedoms. If we lower our guard to get those freedoms back, they will just fly another plane into our buildings. Either way, they win.

I just read an article about a high school kid who decided to pull a prank. He put on a mask, jumped the fence, and took a box into the school bathroom, where he put a blow up sex doll in on of the stalls. He then ran away and was seen by a janitor who reported him. The principle looked at the video and decided to error on the side of caution: maybe there is a bomb in the box. They called in the bomb squad, only to find it was just a prank. Because of the red alert response, and the fact that it is hard to tell a terrorist from a prankster, they decided to charge him with a felony and maybe give him 2-5 years in prison so no one else would commit pranks that burden the anti-terrorist teams.

Terrorism won because we let fear get the best of us and gave away our rights because of fear.